Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Snowflakes in Texas




Sometimes this is as real as it gets down here :)

I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would look cute on our red, front door.  This was so easy to make!

I used (2) 6- packs of plastic, shiny snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby ($7.99 each with 50% off coupon) and a large spool of ribbon ($9.99 with 50% off coupon). 



I arranged the snowflakes in a circle and then hot glued it all together.  Next I cut the elastic hooks off of each ornament.




I told you it was easy!

I strung the ribbon and hooked it onto the inside of my front door.  (Saw that idea on Pinterest as well.)  Just get one of those 3M paint-saver, removable wall hooks and hang it upside down.




After 17 years, our Christmas decorations are looking "old".  I decided to start fresh this year going with a red and white color theme.  This wreath makes a great addition...I think :)

**Update** For added measure, I went ahead and bought white-wrapped floral wire and tied the flakes together where they were glued. (In case it became too cold and the hot glued broke apart.)

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Patty! I love it! I did the same this year. I had just kept putting out all my decorations year after year because, well, they were there! And finally this year, I splurged and bought spme new things to freshen up a bit! Love the holidays, don't you? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out Martha Stewart!! I love that, so cute and easy. I will have to try that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is "snow" beautiful and creative! It looks great Patty! Enjoy your new door look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is so pretty! I know about snowflakes. We have lived in South Florida for 8 years and it's hard to get used to the weather and no snow. ;) Beautiful Wreath. Came out very pretty. And you inspired me to paint my door. tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and elegant!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...Love the red and white color scheme. Oh how I love easy ideas...I think "uber easy" is my middle name:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping in a day late....Love, love this wreath!! I have been pondering a wreath update for after the Christmas wreath comes down. After my fall wreath I did and love, I wanted to keep a wreath up but didn't know what could handle harsh, cold winter. This is perfect! I need to go find some supplies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I saw these same ornaments at Dollar Tree last year. That would make it an "almost free" project :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails