Friday, November 30, 2012

Lasagna Roll Ups

Here's another meatless and delicious recipe for you all.


Lasagna Roll Ups


I saw one (that included spinach) on Pinterest and it looked so yummy I gave it a try (minus the spinach since I didn't have any on hand).

You can add just about any veggie or meat to this dish or, just prepare it with cheese, as I did.

Ingredients:

9 lasagna noodles, cooked
15 oz Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
Salt and Pepper to taste
32 oz Spaghetti Sauce
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine Ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.  Mix well.  (I was able to hand mix with my wooden spoon.)

2.  Ladle 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9" baking dish.

3.  Place wax paper on counter and lay out the lasagna noodles.  Dry the noodle off. (Otherwise, the Ricotta  mixture won't stick to noodle.)  Take a 1/3 cup of Ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle.


4.   One by one, roll the noodles and place in the baking dish seam side down.



5.  Ladle sauce over the noodles and then sprinkle each with 1 tbsp of the Mozzarella cheese.


6.  Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts.

**I doubled the ingredients when I made this dish for my family.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. We make these all the time with frozen spinach in them, and LOVE them! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, these look perfect! I think I could prepare them in the morning and pop them in at dinner time, don't you? They are going on my menu soon! Thanks for sharing, friend. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and easy enough for one of my older girls to make on her night to prepare supper. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also made that recipe from Pinterest. I don't know that the spinach really added much flavor, but we did use it AND my boys did not object. They love this dish! I have to say that mine did not look quite so pretty though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I was just thinking I was overdue for a Patty recipe:) Thanks for sharing! Did you just use that "P" word again?;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails