Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

We try to keep Fridays meatless throughout the year.

Ha!  For that matter, we seem to have more meatless nights since the price of groceries keeps skyrocketing!

Back to our meal...

Let me introduce you to a gooey, messy, absolutely delicious mozzarella, avocado, tomato, grilled cheese sandwich.


I layered slices (from block mozzarella), avocado, tomato, and more mozzarella.  The cheese takes a bit longer to melt, so I turned the heat down (so the bread wouldn't burn) and put a lid over the sandwich to speed up the process.

I originally saw this on Pinterest and knew it would be a good one!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could reach right through the screen and share with you, Patty! Soup and sandwiches is a favorite meal in our house and this looks delish! Thanks for the inspiration, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!! We are meatless on Friday's throughout the year too. Bob and I don't really eat much meat and the kids a couple of times a week - the cost of groceries is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we abstain on fridays, too. i make a version of this, sans bread. i love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I love avocado! I hope you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails