Monday, November 5, 2012

All Saints Hot Dog Roast

Today I am thankful for...

~ Family rosary and our home school group.

Our home school gathered for another family rosary night and we combined it with an All Saints hot dog roast.

I had volunteered to organize this event and it would have been a lot easier if I hadn't had all the stress to deal with in my house last week.  By the grace of God I made it through.

10 out of 24 families were able to make it out to one amazing venue!


I spent $50 from our petty cash fund to pay rent at this facility for four hours.  What a great deal it ended up being!  (Clean bathrooms, electricity, water, tables, and a stage to boot!)

Look at all the vans in the next picture...too funny!

 I then charged each family a (non-refundable) $10 fee which helped cover the cost of hot dogs, buns, chips, condiments, cider, and paper products.  Every penny was spent. 

Each family also shared a dessert.  Oh! there were some yummy items on that table :)


The place was a perfect setting for our families to gather first to pray and then to eat.  After it grew dark, we hit the lights on the stage and let the kids play a saints guessing game of Who Am I?

I wish I had taken more photos, but this was the best I could considering I was running around like a crazy woman.  Thank God my beloved was there.  He made a most excellent assistant! :)

I made a really yummy hot apple cider (even though the temperatures were on the warm side).  I'll post it soon!

Oh, and we didn't dress up as saints.  With the open flame...David and I didn't want any new martyrs!  I don't think the kids minded one bit.  It sounds like they all had a great evening.

I am so grateful that we have this group.  I know we are so very, very blessed!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day, Patty...good job organizing that on top of all your other
    "events" last week! And love all those vans! My family would fit right in! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That venue is gorgeous indeed! Great job with all you had going on...God will reward your efforts:) The van photo is awesome! We play that same saint game in our group...kids love it. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails