Saturday, November 24, 2012

50th Wedding Anniversary



~  My parents.

My father passed away 6 years ago and today they would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  I wanted to share some pictures of their special day :)




As some of you know, the pain from losing a parent or loved one never goes away.  You just learn to cope with it.  Momentous occasions, like today, can be difficult.  Bittersweet.

My family always keeps his spirit alive.  We miss him dearly, especially his never-ending, positive outlook on life.  I  think he would get a hoot out of seeing his picture floating out there in the blogosphere :)

Speaking of picture...

Weren't they a cute couple?  My dad was 25 and my mom was only 20 (turning 21 three days after their wedding.)  They had a beautiful life together.  It was not always easy, but they always kept God first.

My mother always says, "The best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother."  And he did.

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Oh Patty..what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful couple... Sorry for the sadness in your heart today, friend. I love your mother's saying. And if I may add...they sure parented a wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos! A beautiful tribute to your parents. I'm glad you were able to be with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, your mom and dad are quite a handsome couple! I love your mom's dress and veil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Yes, they are such a cute couple. I just love the undeniable joy on their faces. Congratulations to your parents for passing on an enduring legacy of love and faithfulness to their children and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is true...We never forget. And we always long to be together again...Praise God for a heaven to work for and look forward to:) Sending love to your Mama, you, and your whole family as you remember such love in your lives. Those bitter sweet memories bless us forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails