Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Red Chair

I've been at it again.  Do It Yourself-ing.

My computer chair - before ::


Came from a garage sale almost 20 years ago.

The legs were starting to fall apart so David screwed them in nice and tight.


He said it was one of the best built chairs he'd ever worked on.  Solid oak.  Probably 100 years old?

My computer chair - after two coats of Paprika ::


 I used one (entire) can of this ::


(About $3.50)

I'm super pleased with how it coated.  I would suggest RUST-OLEUM over Vaslpar (Lowe's) any day after using both brands recently.  (And I'm not being paid to write it.)

I was looking for a color that popped and thought this still complimented my cypress green furniture.


Not bad for an old chair!

~  Patty  ~ 

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I love red...my favorite color:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! Great idea to use spray paint, I wouldn't have thought of that. The color looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Patty...as my dad always says,"They don't make 'em like that anymore..." And I love the color! Have a great week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I just saw on pinterest that someone painted an old icky Little Tykes play house from a garage sale in this spray paint. It looked fantastic. Think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! Makes me want to go paint something with a fresh color pop color. Thanks for sharing the paint brand too, just in case I may need it in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, you did a fine job! I am seeing and loving red accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails