Friday, October 26, 2012

She Is A Teenager Now

 Hard to believe it's been 13 years already!!

And she had a great day :)  

After swim team practice, she invited a team mate/ girlfriend out for dinner to one of our favorite BBQ joints and then  home for some cake and ice cream.



(She is a die hard Rangers fan.)

But not before some retail therapy ::


(Mabel decided to forgo a trip to B&BW since it is a Wii day.  They only get Wii time on the weekends and she wanted to take full advantage of  two siblings not there to take their turns :)

It's fun to see how they are changing and growing up.  She has moved from American Girl to Bath & Body Works.

I mentioned in the past that they only get a big birthday party every four years.  On the off years, they invite a dinner guest over.

An unforeseen bonus....we have come to know better and truly enjoy each individual they invite.  As a parent, I love to get to know their friends on a more personal level.   And they truly enjoy the one-on-one time with each friend :)

Happy birthday to our Sally!  May God continue to bless you and keep you always!  We love you!

Love,

Mom & Dad  XOXO

8 comments:

  1. A teenager! Happy birthday to your daughter, Patty! What a beautiful young lady and such a special day she had! I so much prefer the family dinner with a friend to the crazy big parties for the same reason you mentioned. Happy weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty young lady! Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! Happy, happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! She looks so much older. She looks like a young woman now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, she's 13!! happy birthday to Sally. I love your birthday party concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, happy happy joy joy! I still remember turning 13...my mom made such a big deal about it! In fact, my mom made a huge deal about all significant milestone birthdays...not by spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on parties or presents, but by doing tiny, significant things I will never forget! Number birthdays like 5, 10, 13, 16, etc. were always highly celebrated in our household! Sounds like you're a mama that does the same!

    (Did sort of bring a tear to my eye about morphing from American Girl to Bath and Body...sniffle!)

    Blessings,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I didn't realize she's a teenager now!!! Hold on tight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails