Wednesday, October 10, 2012

School Bucket Review

People ask me how I like  year round school.

Love it!

I normally take two weeks off after each quarter with a little bit longer summer break.  (This year is different...we've been camping here and there.)

We started 2nd quarter on Monday.

****************************************

New items added to our school Bucket List ::

~ All students must master St. Michael the Archangel prayer -

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.  May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do You O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell, Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls.  Amen.

~  All students must master our National Anthem.


***********************************

What works so far....

~Dinner prep.  Sally and Ester each plan for and prepare one meal a week.

~Religious Art.  The kids are really enjoying this.

~Spanish lessons.  Once a week.  The older girls LOVE it!


***********************************

~ In other news ~

Little Clementine enjoyed her first swing ride at the park last Thursday.

I want David to hang a Little Tikes swing on our porch.  I think she will just LOVE having her own!


Double Sweet Potato FF.

Tried these for the first time at our Moms' Night Out.    Oh!  My!  Sweet!  Goodness!

Sweet potato ff tossed in cinnamon with local honey drizzled on top.  It was more like a dessert :)

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. I think I could reach right through the screen and grab a few of those fries, Patty! Yummm! I love the idea of the girls planning and preparing a meal. And love love love your sweetie on the swing! Happy Wednesday! Good luck with the fridge. Hope it gets fixed tonight! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't camping a nice little get away? Every time I see pictures of Clementine, I smile! What a cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the St. Michael prayer too! When a friend feels under attack and asks for prayer, we personalize it- "protect ____ in battle, be his/her safeguard in...".

    Those fries- yum!

    And those cute little toes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your school update...prayers and national anthem...good stuff! And those sweet potato fries look to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby is so adorable! I have been thinking of doing year round homeschooling as well. How are your schedules broken down to in a year? I find that our winters are mild in South Florida, and we tend to go out more in the winter rather than summer.
    p.s. I love sweet potato fries. There look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! I just make sure we get 180 school days in. I break it up how I want to, usually counting back from where I want to end the school year, marking where I want to take breaks, and then end up with a starting date in July. As you know, it is so darn hot in the summer in the south. Nothing to do outside, too hot to swim! Our winters are usually so mild that we are outside more at that time then the summer hot months. The kids don't complain either ;)

      Delete
  6. Great idea to memorize the National Anthem! I love sweet potato fries!! I've never had them with cinnamon and honey, it does sound like a dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fries look absolutely incredible! You must share the recipe! :) Cute pictures of Clementine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girl on the go looks at peace in that swing...So sweet:) Great bucket list. My kids love the St. Michael prayer, one of our morning favs. (Mine too) I with you being insistent on the National Anthem too. I want them to be able to belt that puppy out, every public chance we get!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails