Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mirror Mirror


I found this mirror at an estate sale for $5.  It was a GREAT find with a small crack in the bottom right corner.  The mirror was 1/4" thick weighing close to 50lbs!  (They don't make 'em like they use to!)

That's when my wheels started turning...

I cleaned it up, and then, starting in the corner I attached these blingy adhesives that I found at Michael's.

Next, I attached the bling on a roll on all four sides.  I used a different pattern for the sides.


Here's a shot of the corner with the crack ::



I wasn't too concerned that the crack was completely covered since it is on the bottom side.

The final look ::

(Just waiting to be hung on the bedroom wall.)




It made a beautiful gift for Sally's 13th birthday!  She was so thrilled to receive it:)

P.S.  The adhesives peel off easy enough if she ever wanted to change it up.

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, Patty...and what a great gift for your daughter! A mirror is on both of my daughters Christmas list this year. Can you believe we do not have a full length mirror in out whole house!? Not that I like to look in one! Ha Ha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo. I thought it was a great gift for a teenager! She just loves it...and it is special since her mama made it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that!! I would like one for myself :) Did you find that on Pinterest or just think it up yourself? Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My idea for a change! LOL I looked at the expensive (cheaply) made ones and was thinking of hot gluing some gems to put a bling to it. When I went to the store looking for the gems, I saw the adhesives. More expensive than the gems, but so much prettier. They come in all kinds of patterns and colors. Too many to choose from!

      Delete
  3. WOW, I never would have thought of that! You made it look amazingly elegant...perfect for your sweet teen's room:) What a thoughtful Mama you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails