Saturday, September 29, 2012

In Real Life (IRL) Blog Friends


(Photo credit:  Sally )

Tiffany is one of my heroes and writes the most amazing posts on her blog, Family at the Foot of the Cross.  She always helps me turn my sour thoughts into God thoughts!

I first met Tiffany IRL last year when she was in Dallas touring the UD campus with her son.

This weekend, she flew in for parent's weekend, and had time on Friday to hang out with my kids and I while her son was in class.

**************************************************

Wanting to treat her to a place that was unique to the area, Sally insisted we take her to Esparza's in Grapevine, Texas.

(Photo credit:  Waiter at Esparza's ...see him in the mirror? :)

We LOVE that place and introduced her to stuffed, deep fried avocado!   They are so good!!!

***************************************

We had that photo taken with Tiffany's camera.

I had left my camera locked in the van....as well as keys!!

Oh boy!  We had to wait for two hours before the service man appeared, it rained, the 4 older kids were starting to climb the walls and fences....literally... and I could feel the tension in my back tighten.

David was clear on the other side of the *Metro working and would be no help, and the service man was suppose to "be there within 45 minutes or less."

It could have been worse ::

We had great company and the chance to really visit, the rain was actually refreshing, the baby was a perfect angel, and  I had the diaper bag with all of Clementine's needs in it.

Plus, Tiffany kept me sane!  :)  Major bonus!


* - The Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex encompasses 9,286 square miles (23,290 Km 2) of total area.  So when I say David was clear on the other side...I'm talking way over yonder.

**************************************

It's been raining  all!  day!  long! and it is BEAUTIFUL and soft and just plain reassuring.

I missed my 25th class reunion, but getting to see Tiffany again was my silver lining.  It made me think of all the people that passs through my life...all of our lives.

I'm so thankful for my friends, near and far, those I've met (in real life) and those I look forward to meeting IRL some day.

I am really blessed.  


~  Patty  ~


7 comments:

  1. So, so, so insanely jealous! I am so disappointed we aren't able to meet up with her. Stupid illness! I've got dibs on her next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Charlotte! I feel so bad your plans had to be cancelled. You know, you may end up meeting her son before her:) The campus (btw) was beautiful, peaceful.

      Delete
  2. So fun!! I love seeing blogger/IRL meet-ups. Sounds like a beautiful get together and perfect afternoon. A God-send. Hoping for an IRL meeting with you, Patty...one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've become friends with a sweet gal who lives in the suburb next to mine (and where my husband is a fire fighter). And even though we haven't been able to get together as often as I'd like (who does...when you're in this season of life, right?!), it is fun to have met someone thru the art of blogging!

    While it is a bummer that you didn't get to make that 25th HS reunion...I'm just amazed that you hadn't missed one until now! Hopefully you can make it to the 30th! (eegads...remember when we thought "those" ladies were old?!!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Patty! To get to spend time with a blogger friend in real life...glad you had a nice visit! And that you had that diaper bag with you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you two had the chance to see each other again! Even though I am jealous LOL!! Someday we will meet in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing IRL...Love that! You are an amazing lady, Patty, and it was quite a joy to meet up with you again. Your children are precious sweeties, all of them! God's plan is simply amazing when we live it out "in real life":)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails