Saturday, September 29, 2012

Butter Bars

My mom gave me this recipe oh...almost 20 years ago.  She received it from an English girlfriend of hers.

H.E.A.V.E.N.L.Y!


I found the recipe recently while cleaning out my old recipe box.  Totally blog-worthy, I tell you!

Ingredients:

1 package Dromedary Pound Cake Mix (I cannot find this in Texas, so I substituted with a what in the store.)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 - 8oz cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
1 lb of powder sugar (3 3/4 cups) *reserve 1/4 cup*
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  Combine mix, butter and 2 eggs.  Spread in a prepared 9x13 inch baking dish.

3.  Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, vanilla, and powder sugar except reserve.

4.  Spread on top of mix and sprinkle nuts on top.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes.    When cool, sprinkle with 1/4 cup powder sugar and cut into bars.


~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Pinning- and making tomorrow I think! I was trying to find something special to make for a guest. This looks like it might just do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a time for me to dramatically cut out sugar (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Patty... can almost taste it! Will be great with my evening tea : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails