My mom gave me this recipe oh...almost 20 years ago. She received it from an English girlfriend of hers.
I found the recipe recently while cleaning out my old recipe box. Totally blog-worthy, I tell you!
1 package Dromedary Pound Cake Mix (I cannot find this in Texas, so I substituted with a what in the store.)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 - 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 lb of powder sugar (3 3/4 cups) *reserve 1/4 cup*
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine mix, butter and 2 eggs. Spread in a prepared 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, vanilla, and powder sugar except reserve.
4. Spread on top of mix and sprinkle nuts on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes. When cool, sprinkle with 1/4 cup powder sugar and cut into bars.
~ Patty ~