Saturday, September 8, 2012

Birthday Weekend

A couple of the kids have birthday parties this weekend.  

Sally is attending a 13th birthday party for a sweet, young girlfriend of hers.

Stan the man is heading out for a Ninjago - themed (Ninja-Legos)  party at a local Home Depot.  

Finally, the Catholic Church celebrates the birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary September 8.


Tracy, over at a Slice of Smith Life, summed it up beautifully.  I have to share what she wrote::

"One of the many reasons I love being Catholic is that our Church celebrates Mary throughout the entire year with lots of  Marian feast days.  Mary did have such an important role in salvation history by having the privilege to cradle Jesus in her womb for 9 months and raise our Savior and it's always nice to give her honor on more days than just at Christmas time when we celebrate Jesus' birth."

Here is a link to the Church's teaching on this Marian feast.


We celebrated by feasting on these cupcakes!


I got the idea from Tiffany's post last year. 

And for being completely swamped lately, this was an easy (and yummy) way to celebrate our Catholic faith.  

I simply bought these two items and let the kids decorate their own.


By the way, the name of our homeschool group is Ave Maria!  Such a beautiful name and special day to celebrate.

Have a wonderful weekend!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend, Patty. I love the cupcake idea...yours look so beautiful and yummy! My husband is blessed to share his birthday with Our Blessed Mother. His mother told me if he had been a girl, his name would have been Mary. Lucky for me...he wasn't! Have a wonderful weekend, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our Mama! Thanks for the mention and love the cupcakes:) Have a fun birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cupcakes! We have some Ninjago fans here too, sounds like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend!

    Yes, I love our dear Lady too!!! If for some reason I left the Catholic church (and I can't think of ANY reason why I would leave the Church, but I understand it happens) I could never give up my love and devotion for our Blessed Mother. Sometimes, when I attend a special service (wedding/baby dedication) at a different denomination, I look around and feel so lonely! No Holy Family symbolized anywhere...no holy icon to help me feel closer to our Lord.

    What a rich and beautiful religion and Faith we have as Catholics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things look busy at your house, as usual! Very cool decorating icing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails