Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Casserole

Mabel gave up going out to eat on her birthday for this delicious chicken dinner.  And going out to eat is a rare treat for our family!

So, I consider this is blog worthy  :)




I serve it with rice or egg noodles with steamed vegetables.

My family LOVEs this meal.  I recall my mom made a similar dish when I was a child and I also recall requesting it for a birthday dinner more than once.

(A picture of the chicken cut into.  It is so tender!)

Ingredients:

6 halved chicken breasts
pepper (to taste)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I am going to try using only one can next time.)
12 bacon strips
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 oz. cream cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2.  Pepper the chicken and then wrap bacon around each 1/2 breast.
3.  Arrange chicken in a prepared 13 x 9 in baking dish.
4.  Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and soup together in a pot over low heat until cream cheese is melted.  Stir frequently.  Cover the chicken with the cheese mixture.
5.  Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325 degrees F. for 2 hours.  Take foil off to let brown for last 5 minutes.

Prep time:  15 minutes
Cooking time:  125 minutes
Servings: 6-8



Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. SUCH bacon lovers here, we'll have to try this! I am pinning it to my Pinterest recipe board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, this is a brand new recipe for me. I have never seen it before, and am anxious to try it! I can see why your daughter chose it for her birthday meal. Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say bacon???? We love to add bacon to anything (which is why we are fans of Pioneer Woman), and chicken is one of the favorite dishes to add bacon to! Looks great, gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails