So, I consider this is blog worthy :)
I serve it with rice or egg noodles with steamed vegetables.
My family LOVEs this meal. I recall my mom made a similar dish when I was a child and I also recall requesting it for a birthday dinner more than once.
6 halved chicken breasts
pepper (to taste)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I am going to try using only one can next time.)
12 bacon strips
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 oz. cream cheese
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2. Pepper the chicken and then wrap bacon around each 1/2 breast.
3. Arrange chicken in a prepared 13 x 9 in baking dish.
4. Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and soup together in a pot over low heat until cream cheese is melted. Stir frequently. Cover the chicken with the cheese mixture.
5. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325 degrees F. for 2 hours. Take foil off to let brown for last 5 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 125 minutes
~ Patty ~