Saturday, August 18, 2012

School Bucket List

Last week, when I received my new Holy Simplicity Planner in the mail, I noticed it had an area to list 12 weekly goals in my mother's section.  This prompted me to plan for a School Bucket List this year.  Have you ever done one?

I've heard the rumbling of thunder in my head and had a few lightening strikes so far...

1.)  Dinner Prep.  Sally and Ester each will take one night a week to prepare a dinner.  (I'm hoping this takes a load off of my busy schedule!)

2.)  Religious art class.  More of it this year!

I.E.  This...


And this...


3.)  Spanish lessons.  A "first" for us.  I really love this program...


And the girls (recommended for kids in grade 2-8) are catching on easily.  The teacher is very engaging and keeps things basic.

4.)  A camping we will go!  

My husband has been very busy.  As he says, "Even though we cannot afford to buy it, I've been blessed with the gifts to build it."

After finishing building his new business display, he finished building his teardrop camper.


Each side has a door.  One door has an a.c. unit attached.  (It can be taken off to store.)  The interior is wired and paneled.  There is a bunk in which the baby can sleep.  (Padded and gated of course.)  There is only enough room for a queen mattress.  (One adult and the three older kids will sleep in a tent.)


The galley is finished as well.  It sports a kitchen light, a few pull out drawers, an ice chest, a small counter top, and a storage shelf across the top.

He built this completely on his own starting with just two wheels :)

So, God willing, we will be able to take our big family on some short trips across Texas this fall and winter.

Now, it is no party vessel like this one below...



...but I'm still actually excited to camp!

**********************************

I saw this on Facebook and had a good laugh.  Have any of you had a rough week?





Have a wonderful weekend!!

~  Patty ~

15 comments:

  1. Great list. It's all in writing now- you'll have to do it! I usually do a "yearly focus" list.

    That camper is amazing! Those are some pretty mad skills your hubby has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, Patty! I think I will do the same...And that camper! Oh my!!! He has indeed been blessed with many gifts, building that himself!! I hope you and your beautiful family enjoy making many wonderful memories while spending time in it. And since it was built with his own two hands, they will be all the more special! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a school bucket list.

    Your Spanish program looks great. I've never heard of it before. Do you have a link to share?

    Prayers for a blessed school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena,
      I've purchased the program through Seton Educational Material. I could not get the link to work but if you go to www.setonhome.com, look at top left corner for search box, type in Spanish, grade 2 & up, and it pops up. I ordered the $40 softcover text that came with the 3 audio CD's. I make a copy of each lesson/page for the older girls. There is a separate workbook for each student for $20 each but that is in addition to the main text that comes with the CD's. I really like the program enough to say, if I were still in the local educational co-op, I'd volunteer to teach Spanish using this text.

      Delete
  4. I need to do a bucket list too, great idea.

    I am interested in that Spanish program too....does it use DVD or CD or just books.

    What a great camper and what great memories to be made in it!! A very talented man indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,
      I just sent Lena the same reply that I'm sending you :)
      I've purchased the program through Seton Educational Material. I could not get the link to work but if you go to www.setonhome.com, look at top left corner for search box, type in Spanish, grade 2 & up, and it pops up. I ordered the $40 softcover text that came with the 3 audio CD's. I make a copy of each lesson/page for the older girls. There is a separate workbook for each student for $20 each but that is in addition to the main text that comes with the CD's. I really like the program enough to say, if I were still in the local educational co-op, I'd volunteer to teach Spanish using this text. I'm feeling more "together" by doing a school bucket list! (Not sure if I'm all that together though!)

      Delete
  5. Patty, your husband is so talented!! what a great addition to camping. And you are one motivated momma to come up with the idea for a school bucket list. great items on your list so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gardenia! Yes he is talented! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm working on planning right now (had to take a break!) and I love the idea of having the big girls do supper one night a week. I think I'll give that a try. Let us know how that works out at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bucket list idea TOO! I usually have a list of field trips since this Mama likes to get out of the house:) We are doing the Rosetta Stone Latin this year and I am so excited! I also thing that camper is too adorable. YES, your husband is quite blessed with special gifts to be able to build it. Enjoy crossing off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list as you start off the school year!! I just love the camper and David has done a great job! That would be so fun to do a little traveling in.

    Yes, it was THAT kind of week but thankfully we survived and are doing much better. In the end, we finished off the week with me taking the four kids by myself to the county fair and had a ton of fun. Today, numerous things were checked off the to-do list, we ordered French 1 from Rosetta Stone (hubby has a French minor so he can help and did teach them some last year)and I just finished revamping our chore/helping list to start when school begins. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That camper is incredible. What talent! I like the religious art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that camper is amazing. I am always so jealous of women who have handy men for husbands. Not that my husband isn't great in many, many ways. But sometimes a handy man would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The camper looks and sounds great! I like the idea of doing a bucket list for school. We are still going strong with the Latin, I'm surprised at how much the kids enjoy the challenge of a different language - I'm sure yours are the same. Enjoy your camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is absolutely wonderful that your husband made that camper! So impressive! I hope you all have many wonderful camping trips with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails