Monday, August 13, 2012

Orange Fruit Dip

Ester says that this is her favorite dip of all times :)

It's one of mine as well.



Ingredients:

1 stick of butter, softened
8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbls. orange juice
1 Tbls grated orange rind

Directions:

1.  Beat together in a bowl the softened butter and cream cheese until well combined.  Add orange juice and grated rind and mix in.

2.  Then beat in powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth and well blended.

3.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

I plan on serving this as a spread with pound cake, but you can serve it with apple slices, pineapple chunks, fresh strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, etc.  It would also make a delicious spread with muffins.

My house smells heavenly right now.  Sally is working on Confirmation service hours so she made this dip, baked the pound cake to go with it, and baked lemon bars.  It frees up time for me to prepare for Moms' Night Out at my house tomorrow night.

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Patty, so glad you posted this! I am having some friends over Wednesday night for a light meal after mass, and was planning on slicing up some fresh fruit. I was just saying to my daughter that I wish we had a new dip to go with it! Yay! And how wonderful is it to have these sweet daughters to bake for us? I just did a post about that myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never heard of an orange dip...sounds so refreshing! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails