Saturday, August 4, 2012

Key Lime Pie

Hey you less-than-5 ingredient bakers....you will love this easy, peasy, delicious, key lime pie!



Ingredients:

4 eggs yolks, beaten
*2 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
**3/4 cup lime juice
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2.  Beat the egg yolks. Combine the yolks with the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice.  Mix well.  Pour onto unbaked graham cracker shell.

3.  Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool.  Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.

Prep Time:  20 minutes
Cook Time:  15 minutes
Ready In:  35 minutes
Servings:  8


NOTE::  I recently tweaked this for a less sweet & rich taste, but still delicious by substituting the following:

*1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
**1/2 cup lime juice

Where the kids enjoyed the sweeter recipe from the original, my husband and I enjoyed the lighter taste of the tweaked ingredients above.


Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I always pass on Key Lime pie, but it does look delicious! I am not very adventurous, but if it is that easy, I might have to try it. I have never been disappointed by any of your recipe recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet compliment, Laurie! I was just thinking of you this morning when I made the sausage/biscuit drop rolls after church :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Patty! Thank you thank you! This is my oldest daughter Madison's favorite dessert! And I never even knew how to begin to make it.(I am more of a chocolate baker!) I am going to surprise her with it and make it for her back to school meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo, this was my first attempt at such a pie. I love Key Lime as does the fam. I, too, am a chocolate baker but this was too easy to pass. I tweaked the recipe a bit since the original called for 5 egg yolks. It seemed too "eggy" to me. Hope you enjoy. And what a sweet surprise for your daughter!

      Delete
  3. Yum I love key lime pie! I am going to have to try this recipe, especially because it looks so simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails