Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grilled Lemon Chicken

I've been known to unintentionally turn my meat into raw hide when I grill....(picture the movie Christmas Vacation...Clark Griswald...gnawing  on a piece of raw hide a.k.a. Christmas turkey...at the dinner table).

This recipe took me off the grilling wall of shame!


Ingredients:

1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved

Directions:

1.  In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper.  Place chicken in the bowl and marinate at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.  (I marinated mine for about 3 hours.)

2.  Preheat grill for high heat.  (I used medium heat.)

3.  Lightly oil grill grate.  Drain and discard marinade from bowl, and place chicken on the grill.  Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.

*It recommended setting aside 1/4 cup of marinade in step 1 to use for basting while grilling.  I did not think the recipe made enough to reserve.  Mine grilled perfectly without.

This was a quick, easy, moist, and delicious dinner.  The kids loved it and staked their claim on left overs for lunch tomorrow :)   (But there wasn't much left to claim.)

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. I don't grill well either. When our gas grill stopped working a few years ago, my husband went back to using a charcoal grill and I have visions of setting the house on fire when I think of using it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this Patty! We never seem to have success when grilling chicken...it may have something to do with my aversion to undercooked meat. To avoid this, I tend to COMPLETELY overcook all meat dishes! And I know exactly the scene in Christmas Vacation you are referring to!! Anyway, thank you for this recipe, Patty...and thank you so very much for the kind comments on my blog! I am so glad we are "blogging friends"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously- yum!! I don't grill, but hubby does. I'll prep- he can cook it! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails