Friday, August 31, 2012

Flying The Friendly Skies

I hope!

Clementine and I are flying to visit Grammy this weekend.  Hoping what is left of Isaac won't delay a landing.

(Not too excited about being delayed with an infant for who knows how long.)

It wasn't planned, but all 9 of us (my siblings and self) are going to visit Grammy (my mom) this weekend.  My mom is  over -the- moon  excited especially since we haven't been all together in almost four years!

When you have 9 children living across the country, and everyone has different time frames to work with, and everyone has children of their own, it is hard to get together.

So, keep us in your prayers, please, for safe travels and flyable weather :)  I'd appreciate it!

***************************************

I was going to share a picture, but it ended up being too bleary (phone camera).

Our home school group had their back-to-school mass this morning.  It was just BEAUTIFUL!!!  Thank God for priests, and especially priests that support home school families.

***************************************

Have a safe holiday weekend!  God bless!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that mass just so uplifting? It was the perfect start to our school year! Father gave all of our kids a homework assignment to set one goal in each of three areas- mental, physical, and spiritual. Then he gave examples of goals he had set. So glad your group is blessed with a supportive priest as well.

    Have a wonderful trip! I will certainly pray for all. I can only imagine how excited your mom is. All my kiddos are still local and it is still difficult for us all to be together. Treasure each moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty...have a wonderful weekend! How excited you all must be to be together with your mom. And enjoy that special one on one time with that little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you are all able to get together. There are only 3 kids in my family and I don't remember the last time we were all in the same place at the same time. God bless you all in your travels and your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Patty!

    Safe travels where ever you are at this moment! What a blessing to be able to get all 9 of you together...your mom must be over the Blue Moon! I am only 1 of 3 (and always wanted more siblings!), but I am one of 19 grandchildren. My mom was the youngest of 7...with 5 older brothers and 1 older sister, who sadly died soon after birth. Anyway, I loved vacationing in Michigan b/c my mother was the only one who had moved away...all of her brothers were in the Detroit area and we basically had a mini reunion every summer.

    Also, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving your sweet comments. Yes, our heartland and Texas (you're your own US region, right?!!!) have been devastated by this drought! God is so good to send us these rain showers from Isaac...considering how far north we are!

    Finally, I am adding you to my sidebar under my "Women of Faith" tab. I've been a long time follower, but I've got to be honest...I rarely check my Google Reader anymore! Now, if I add you to my blogroll, I will be better able to keep on top of your sweet posts.

    And sweet posts they are! I stumbled upon your award from Catholic Big Clicks for your August 15th post! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And what a blissful day it was.

    Well, I'm off to enjoy this rainy Fall-ish day! Oddly enough, it feels warm and humid...I guess from Isaac...but the leaves are flying and the sky is overcast.

    Enjoy your trip with your precious little one,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails