Friday, August 3, 2012

A Typical Day In My Life

1.  Wake up rather tired.

I was sleeping walking the night before.

Have I ever told you I sleep walk?

I had been dreaming that someone slid a cowboy boot onto each paddle of the ceiling fan in our bedroom. (Have NO clue where that one came from!)  The fan was spinning and I was afraid one would fly off and hit the baby, who was sound asleep in her crib.

I clearly remember jumping out of bed with my heart pounding, running to turn off our bedroom ceiling fan, and then checking on the baby.  I finally snapped out of it when I realized what I was doing.

Sleep walking is crazy.  Sometimes I am aware of what I'm doing but have no control of my actions or words.  Other times, I cannot recall one thing, only to be told about it from my husband the next morning.



2.  Walking into church and realizing that I forgot Clementine's bottle.  Frightening!


3.  Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

Son:  "Mom, you do so much for us.  Why don't you take a week's vacation and go paint a bathroom!"



4.  Giddy with excitement to have my new "pest control" arrive in the mail.  Death to the grasshoppers that are devouring my plants!

Geesh.  If it isn't the drought one year, it is destructive grasshoppers the next.

It's those simple things, right?




5.  Coffee baby bottles.  Have you ever heard of them?

Grabbed the coffee can instead of the formula can :)  Didn't realize what I was doing until I prepared one bottle.

I guess I was preoccupied watching Stan "play" with his baby sister.



6.  Too many squabbles amongst the living in our house.  Enough said!



7.  Child slides into your toe.  The same toe that you broke five years ago.

It hurt so bad, I just wanted to kick something.  Yes, a few choice words rolled off my tongue.  Don't judge me....have you ever broke your toe?!

So it isn't broke, but definitely was jammed.  As I'm sitting here typing, I feel the  throb...throb...throb  going on.



8.  Is painting a form of exercise????  I wonder how many calories one burns with each bedroom...

I think those Sonic 1/2 price shakes counter acted whatever I accomplished.


Have a great weekend!!!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your toe! That hurts. I can't tell you how many things hit my feet. Bob tells me I need to wear steel toe boots in the house :) Stan is funny! Jonah told me a while back that I make beds great and when the kids move out I should get a job making beds at a hotel....not exactly on my to do list...And, I didn't know you were a sleep walker!! Hope you guys have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm planning to paint our guest room when we're back from vacation. I'd love to know how many calories I'll be burning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first time I forgot a baby bottle for church! Panic! Luckily my little sweetie realized it and slept the whole Mass! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting IS exercise!! I just got back from the Missionaries of Charity shelter in Dallas where I painted all morning and I'm exhausted! I'm sore but it's so worth it to help the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! I can so see myself making a coffee bottle. :) And, I agree, painting is most definitely exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope your week improved after all the mishaps. The bickering can be enough to make a margarita bottle sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails