Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crock Pot Pepper Steak

My family LOVED this!


I found it on allrecipes.com along with this description::

"Succulent strips of sirloin seasoned with garlic powder, then slow cooked with onion, green pepper and stewed tomatoes."

It is a perfect description.

Ingredients:

2 - 3 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 2" strips  (*It calls for 2lbs but I added more.)
Garlic powder to taste
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 chopped onion  (*I used onion powder)
2 lg green bell peppers, roughly chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp salt

Directions:

1.  Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste.  In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.  Transfer to a slow cooker.

2.  Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved.  Pour into the slow cooker with meat.  Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.

3.  Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

Prep Time:  20 minutes
Cook Time:  4 Hours 10 Minutes
Ready In:  4 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings:  8 (with the additional pound of meat added)

I have to add to the description above, this smelled divine the entire time it was cooking!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. I am trying your recipe next Monday after my shop this weekend. I have a Spanish /Cuban recipe from my mom. I have to share. This recipe to make it more Cuban would be 'Sofrito'. The smell is so heavenly as well. So good for the soul! What did you have for dessert? =) yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly you're a wonderful wife, mother, teacher and homemaker !! that dish looks delicious. Printing it off now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like something my guys would really like! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made this the other night and it was very tasty! Thanks for sharig the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails