Saturday, June 23, 2012

Painting Projects

My summer painting frenzy.

Stage I was having our new floors placed and making a new bedroom for Stan back in May.


Stage II was painting the big girls' bedrooms and my garden bench - all  this past week.  

Sally's room color before::


Last summer, she purchased a new quilt for her bed from Home Goods.  This is the pattern::



She wanted to pull that icy-lilac color out more and so we painted her room with Olympic Paints (Lowe's)  Happenstance B47-2.  


Her new bedroom look ::





I just need to be on the lookout for some lilac-colored toss pillows.

Ester and Mabel's room before::


It was soooo cute!  Ester had the bedding for 8 years so I understood when they wanted a "bigger" girl look, something with a beach theme.

They picked out this quilt pattern::


Again, from Home Goods.

I matched that cornflower blue color and then went a hue lighter.  I used Olympic Paints (Lowe's) Twinberry Blossom B43-2

Their new bedroom look ::


For the life of me, I could not get a good picture but it really matches the cornflower blue in the quilt.  I also found these two cute lamps to go with their "beach" theme::


(This is Mabel's sea horse lamp - from Home Goods.)



(Ester's lamp which reminded me of sand dollars - Home Goods.)

I told the girls that these bedroom make overs are the last until they are adults and can pay for them on their own :)

Make overs are a lot of work especially since these two bedrooms have 12' walls in them.

They are all tickled with their new looks :)

Finally, my bench!

This is the before picture ::


Again, I used Olympic products from Lowe's and had a custom stain made instead of painting it.  David said I would not have been happy with the finished look of paint.  


I picked out a paint chip color and then they mixed it for stain.  

He was so right!  Take a look at the after picture::


I   LOVE it!  

I just need to look for some cobalt blue colored cushions.  (Wish I knew how to sew!)

Stage III

That would be painting Clementine's future bedroom and the girls' bathroom upstairs.  Hoping to complete those two rooms in early July before school starts up.

Feeling as though I am on the home stretch now :)

Have a bright and cheery Sunday!

~  Patty ~

11 comments:

  1. Love the projects! I am a self-confessed paint-a-holic, just ask my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so wonderful! Great job! And I meant to comment on your post about all the gymnastic craziness- just wanted to write- WAY TO GO! You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bench, it looks beautiful! The rooms are gorgeous, you have been busy. Before we left for Heritage Camp I was telling Bob that the boy's room needs a bit of a make-over - you have inspired me! I really want to give some kind of make-over to our school room too, but can't think of what to do. I'll have to get on Pinterest to get some more inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! We have some painting projects around our house too, or at least Mr JB does! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of it! That bench...so incredibly AWESOME!! I love, love, love the color!
    I don't see how you're doing it with Clementine, not to mention the other 4! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty! I just discovered your blog! You have a beautiful family!! I hope to be popping in whenever I have a free minute to visit you! I love all the new colors in your projects! May God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy! What colorful beauty you have added with paint...love that cornflower blue! The bench turned out amazing...Don't you love when a dream comes together? Hope you can sit back and enjoy your little patches of loveliness...That bench calls for a margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that's a lot of painting!! all those colors are beautiful and the bench is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am behind on blog reading and just saw this. I LOVE how the bench turned out! I absolutely love the yellow color and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails