(Doesn't that just scream summer!)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp water
1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained *(or 8 fresh peaches, sliced)
12 slices of day-old French bread, cubed.
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
1. In a saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Pour the brown sugar mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish, spreading mixture to cover the entire bottom. Place peaches in a layer over the sugar coating, then top with cubed bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly pour over the bread to coat evenly.
*I didn't think the egg covered enough and worried how it would turn out, but the end product came out delicious none the less.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Remove the dish from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bread is golden brown. Spoon out portions to serve.
Prep Time: 9 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
~ Patty ~