Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tomato, Basil, and Feta Salad

This ROCKS!




I made this to go with our pizza dinner tonight.

Isn't it funny how our palates change over time?  I never would have eaten a quarter Roma tomato like that five years ago!

Ingredients:

6 roma tomatoes, diced
1 small cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and diced
3 green onions, chopped (I passed on these and added just a smidge of onion powder)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips ( I substituted with sweet basil)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

1.)  In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese.  Season with salt and pepper.

Fresh, easy, and delicious!!!  Found this recipe on allrecipes.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Oooo, sounds good! I bet mozzarella cheese would also be good if someone didn't like feta. I Loooove feta, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Even better when Michigan tomatoes are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy, I'll keep this in mind when our garden comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please! My daughter, who married in to a Greek family, cooks a lot with Feta cheese now. Amazing stuff. I am definitely going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try this today, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny- I did comment on this but never did make it. This week it is going to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails