Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Bucket List




Do you all have one?

I haven't written one down yet and we are already checking things off!!

Our summer bucket list just helps us love life and live it to the fullest, you know?

********************************************************

* Rainy days...in this case...watching a fantastic lightening show in the daytime!


* Major League baseball...Texas Rangers' style




 Note:  I think we possibly witnessed the worst Rangers' baseball game in history!!  LOL

But we still had a great time!
-home school $16 ticket prices
-$1 hot dog night
-Autograph Wednesday night

* Mesquite, TX Pro-rodeo.

* Travel Texas...Palo Duro Canyon...the Grand Canyon of Texas (in the panhandle near Amarillo, TX) 

This place is GORGEOUS!


Photo credit Texas Parks and Wildlife

* Walks at night...in the dark...when it is 95 degrees F...the coolest part of the day.

*  Swimming at night....with the pool lights on.  (My kids think that is totally cool!)

* Weekday Mass.  Started back up now that I'm feeling better and Clementine is a little older.

* Freezer pops.




* Lake days

* Picnics

* Saturday night Mass...Sunday morning brunch followed by a morning swim.

* Six Flags over Texas

* Holding out for a quick trip to the ocean.

* Late night runs to Sonic for 1/2 price shakes :)     

FYI::  Sonic has 1/2 price shakes after 8pm from Memorial weekend through Labor Day!!

****************************************

If you have time, stop over at Phyllis' blog here. where she listed some very simple, creative, good old-fashioned fun!

****************************************

What are some of your plans for summer?

~  Patty  ~


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great summer to me! We have already been to the beach twice and have a fun week in MI planned, complete with a 4th of July Tigers game. Fireworks at the ball field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baseball and 4th of July go perfectly together! I know you'll have a blast doing that!

      Delete
  2. I like your list! We are going to work on ours this weekend. We marked off a couple of weekends to do Saturday evening mass, Jacob normally serves at 8:00am, but it is nice to wake up and have a big breakfast and a bit of a lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen!

      I took your cue and started blocking certain dates out. Our May was gone in a blink of an eye...the entire spring actually. Making sure we line up certain "must do" activities before it is too late.

      Delete
  3. I love your list! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! I think my kids would have a blast making a summer bucket list and it would help keep some fun goals/ideas in mind. These days since we often are flying by the seat of our pants, I still enjoy actually having something planned and to look forward to. We'll keep it relatively simple with the little girls, but I bet we can come up with oodles of great fun for our family.

    Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder! Will see what we come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Sarah! And going by so fast that I thought I best write some things on the calendar, like Jen suggested. It's one thing to write it on a wish list, but to pencil it on the calendar, now we're talking business :) I have a feeling your kiddos would have fun doing just about anything!

      Delete
  5. this is a great list, Patty. I've got to come up with a list for my family too. wonderful posters for the baseball game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great summer bucket list! I need to do some things around the house, but am holding off until CH goes on his motorcycle ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm missing my blogging! Oh boy, do I have some catching up to do:) Great list and head start too! Summer blessings to you and the fam:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails