Saturday, May 5, 2012

New Floors and Flowers

David and I were FINALLY able to replace the nasty, builder-grade carpet in our house with a beautiful, wood laminate this week.


We had been working paying off a LOT of medical bills that I accrued between my miscarriage last year and the c-section surgery this year... on top of Clementine's heart issues...David's kidney stones...and Sally's intestinal issues.


The office will soon be turned into Stan's bedroom.  A little man-cave...away from all of his sisters!

We upgraded to a radiant pad underneath to control the heat & cold and noise reduction.   (Ha ha!  We need as much of that as we can get!)




Our builder had given us an "upgrade option" when we bought the house (which was a speck house), but we know that "upgrade option" means paying 3x what the cost actually is.  We passed and decided to do it ourselves down the road.


Well, we are finally "down the road."  

We also purchased a higher quality carpet for our master bedroom.  It hasn't come in yet.  Looking forward to it soon!

I know that I will need to get some rugs.   I don't know what I want or need and I really don't want to make a mistake rushing.

I'd be happy to hear what any of you do for area rugs!

On a totally different note...

Flowers.  (Sigh...)




Isn't she a beut?

One of two Bougainvilleas I purchased at Lowe's yesterday...half price. ($8.50)

P.S.  24 hours after getting our flooring installed, we were hit with another storm....roof damage...wind gusts from 60-70mph!  It is ALWAYS something, isn't it?!

Have a beautiful weekend!

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. Your floors look great!! I can't believe you were daring enough to do that with a little baby! It must make you feel like you are in a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floors are amazing! Wood floors are so much more practical and stay so much prettier. I have been wanting to get some flowers... also so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look just awesome! We have been happy with our floors, although I haven't found the perfect thing to clean them with yet. Great idea to get the noise reduction, that's a necessary item! Can't wait to see Stan's new room, he is going to love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful floors! We have wood too and I love them. I found all of our rugs at BJs...got them a few years ago and they are still in great condition. Sorry about the windstorm...boo. It always is something! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - those floors look amazing! We have the cheap-o linoleum that I thought we'd upgrade to laminate when it got worn out. However, it seems there are always other things more pressing to spend money on...sigh! Someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O how I would love to go from carpet to hardwoods. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovelove those floors!! and that beautiful plant. we're getting lots of rain here. hope you all are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the floors! Did you get any rain in the basement? Is the roof damage bad?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Noreen. We have no basements down here in north Texas. Ground shifts top much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails