Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Looking Back At Mother's Day

This past Mother's Day, David was back in Texas working and I had the kids to myself up in Illinois.

I would not have traded spots.  I had this ...


(Grandma Clare meeting her grandaughter for the first time :)


And this....


(My mom and mother-in-law haven't seen each other in almost 5 years!)

I drove my mother and kids up to the tippy-top of Illinois to visit Grandma & Grandpa Hughes for the day. I had the honor of cooking for these two, amazing women while they sat and visited.

It was a great day!

My brother-in-law brought over some chocolate-flavored, red wine.  Oh my!  Have you ever had that before?  Yum!  Yum!

His son, our nephew Jacob, came over to mow Grandpa Bill's land (3 acres) and was sweet enough to take some of the kids for a ride on the back.





My dear husband was at home in Texas suffering from yet ANOTHER kidney stone attack :(

He's since seen the urologist and it is the same stone from the March attack.  Never passed it.  Ouch!  He's on meds and hopefully he can now pass it (it is small believe it or not.)  He goes back to see the urologist in one week to discuss options if he doesn't pass it by then.

Please keep him in your prayers :)

Later that week, David flew back up to O'Hare and an old buddy  picked him up and delivered him to his parents' house.


(Pat was the Best Man in our wedding.)


David also had a visit from another old buddy, Don.  


(Don was a groomsman in our wedding :)


I'm so happy that he had the chance to them, brief as it was!

I drove the kids up one more time to pick up David and to spend the afternoon with his family.  It was a short but enjoyable visit!

I was able to get some photos of David with his parents, brother, sister-in-law (in black), and sister (in purple)...



Clementine was an AMAZING traveler for the entire trip!!!  We could not have asked for anything better. 

We have so many great memories from this vacation.  I just wished we lived closer to family...at least close enough for day trips, you know?

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely visit you had up north. How excited your MIL must have been to meet her newest grandbaby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice vacay! glad Clementine was a good traveler...that would've been miserable if she wasn't!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails