Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hi Stranger!

We've been a band of gypsies these past 12 days, traveling over 2,000 miles to visit family and friends,  We arrived home safe and sound late this afternoon. 

The only hiccup would be David's case of kidney stones on the way up to Illinois.  Egads, as my mother-in-law always says.  He is doing better, thank you.

In the meantime, as we unwind, I thought I'd give you a picture of my mental state...

Forgetter Be Forgotten

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

or when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!


W
hen shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the hell was that?

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

CAN YOU RELATE???
 
(My mom received this in an email and forwarded onto me.  Too funny not to share!)
 
~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home!! Ouch on the kidney stones- that sounds like more than a hiccup.

    That explains it!- my rememberer is broke. Boy can I relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back, Kotter! I've heard that cute poem before...But I had "forgotten!" hee hee Prayers going out that David is feeling better:-) Hope your laundry load isn't too tall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails