Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Chicken

I love crock pot recipes and a great one is sometimes hard to find.

This is a GREAT one!


Ingredients:

2 (18 oz) bottles barbecue sauce (I  bought 1 large bottle that was close to the needed amount.)
1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks AND juice
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped (I used onion powder)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic powder)
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves.

Directions:

1.)  In a large bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, pineapple with juice, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic.

2.)  Arrange chicken breasts in the slow cooker.  Pour barbecue sauce/mixture over the chicken and stir.

3.)  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.

I served mine over real rice and steamed broccoli.  It was absolutely delicious!  Another great fine on allrecipes :)

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, Patty. This sounds delicious, and easy! We love the crock pot, and bake chicken in it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patty! That is going on my list! Thank you Thank You!!! I love my crock pot as well. I love having my supper cooking and all cleaned up so I can enjoy the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great idea, thanks! I'm a pineapple girl too...just need to get my kids to love it as much as I do;-) This sound delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails