1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt (I used regular salt)
4 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
2 lbs beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2 green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, stems removed
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
1. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting in refrigerator.
2. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
4. Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and bag.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, OR to desired doneness. (I like my meat med - well so I grilled mine longer.) Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (or longer)
Ready in: 8 hrs 30 minutes
This recipe was found on here.
The Littles mentioned that I could substitute the steak with chicken. That would be delicious as well! I served Fresh Fruit Medley on the side.
~ Patty ~