Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Preparing for Easter

Books.

Some of our favorite Easter books that we are reading (and re-reading) this Holy Week.



(The Story of the Easter Robin is the kids' favorite!)





Baskets.

I admired Jessica's Easter baskets last year.  

So this year, I went to Michael's and found white Easter baskets that came with adorable gingham liners...40% off!   ($8 each!)

They only had three color choices (pink for Sally, purple for Mabel, and green for Ester).  

I took them to a local business to have their names embroidered on them.

For Clementine, I purchased a basket but put in a different liner.  I ordered the small basket liner at Pottery Barn Kids and had her name embroidered on it.



I could not find a brown basket like the white ones above anywhere!!!  So Stan will have his old one for one more year.  (I don't think he cares to be honest.)

I will just continue to look and hopefully find it before next Easter.  (The brown ones offered on Pottery Barn Kids were sold out and way. expensive.)

The big girls were so excited to see the beautiful baskets.  I wish I would have done this years ago.  

Eggs.

I never knew this until this Lent.  

To peel a hard boiled egg, first tap the entire egg gently (but hard enough to crack the shell) with the back of a spool.


(Sorry for the blur.)

Start peeling.  Once you begin, you will find that the entire shell comes off in one piece!


I never knew that!  Did you?

(I cannot remember where I read this to give the person credit.)

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Your baskets are beautiful:) Love that you embroidered names... I've always wanted to do that but just never have. Thanks for the great egg tip. Never heard that either! Trying another tip that Jamie posted over at Lord Make Me A Saint. Have a blessed Easter Triduum:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you share your books for the seasons. pretty Easter baskets. Blessed Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails