Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday Pics


What a beautiful Holy Week!

And boy oh boy how a baby can make Easter preparations around the house so much harder :)  To make it worse, she only wanted her mama :)

(Holy Saturday - Easter Vigil Mass)

I told my mom that I'd rather make it to the Holy Week services at church than making sure my stove top and kitchen floor are sparkling clean for Easter Sunday.

And that's how it went this year.  And that's okay.

*******************************************

David had the honor of sponsoring our neighbor and friend, Ed, into the Catholic Church.



(Ed and his beautiful family before the Easter Vigil Mass.)


The Easter Vigil Mass is long.  Three hours long.  Over 40 new members received the Sacraments of either Baptism, First Holy Eucharist, and/or Confirmation.

I realized Stan would not make it through the long evening.  Our neighbor kindly offered to watch him for the evening and I took her up on it.  

The girls and I had our picture taken before the Vigil Mass.



And guess what?  Clementine slept the ENTIRE Mass!  All three hours!

I was able to take photos for Ed as he was baptized, confirmed, and received his first Holy Communion.  It was such a beautiful evening!

****************************************

Easter Day.

A casual, stay-at-home day.


Don't you just love Clementine's reaction in that picture?!  I told you she's only been wanting her mama :)

We had another round of thunderstorms.  Gentle ones this time.  They set the tone for a very relaxing day.


We ate delicious food,  (you can find our dinner and dessert recipes here)  napped, and watched some westerns.



It was too rainy for an outdoor Easter egg hunt...so we improvised and held it indoors.

The kids filled the eggs and then David and I hid them throughout the downstairs.


This little one couldn't understand what the big commotion was over finding eggs...


...someday she will though :)

The sun tried to come out after dinner and the day beckoned for a walk/bike ride.




It really was such a beautiful day...storms and all.  And when you aren't near family for these holidays, you really shoot for beautiful...dirty kitchen floors and all.

Happy Easter!


(Picture - compliments of Mabel :)

~  Patty  ~


12 comments:

  1. such a lovely photos! your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so photogenic! Stan looks like a natural with the baby! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Stan really loves his baby sister. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Patty,

    Rain or shine, your family enjoyed their Easter celebration! Our Saturday Easter Vigil Mass only had 8 new members and it was 2 1/2 hours. I can't imagine how long it would have been if we had 40 like yours! Lovely family photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Noreen! Happy Easter to you!

      It was amazing to see all those people lined up. Really beautiful (and fun) to watch the younger children being baptized in the "tank". They were so excited it made me laugh!

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous pictures!! How awesome to be your neighbor's sponsor!! That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you do take great pics, Patty! Especially love the cute one of you and David...I enjoy seeing the spouse photos since I'm always classic at snapping the kids and forgetting the 2 of us;-) Or not liking it of me! Sounds like a beautiful Easter indeed. Our house was a wreck so it felt good to get things back in order yesterday...that darned Easter grass drives me nuts! Thanks for sharing your Easter vigil...my favorite. We had to miss it this year since kids got scheduled to serve early Easter morning but heard we brought in 14 new Catholics..true JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass headache. Yes! I know just what you mean :)

      This year, I found recycled, shredded paper in colors at Walmart. It was in the EAster section. No mess with it at all. I used just one bag per basket. I'm going to save it in large ziplock bags for next year, too!

      Delete
  6. I can see that you truly had a beautiful Easter. Besides the joy of knowing how much God loves us, you were surrounded by a loving family and friends. God has blessed you, but you already know that.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! It would have been perfect if we could have been with family :) But soon we will, right?!

      Delete
  7. That sounds like an almost perfect Easter! Mabel did a good job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey- stopping by from Catholic Bloggers Network for second look!

    I do always love your playlist. Rockin' to the tunes on my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails