Monday, March 12, 2012

Stuffed Jumbo Shells


I found the recipe for these cheese- stuffed shells over at Beth Anne's Lenten Meal Link Up.  I always wanted to attempt them and finally did.

VERY EASY!


I tweaked the recipe a bit since I used a different brand of shells.

Ingredients:

12 oz jumbo shells
2 eggs
30 oz Ricotta Cheese (I purchased 2- 15 oz containers)
2 cups (8oz) shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese - DIVIDED
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
3 cups spaghetti sauce (I used store bought)
2 tbsp water

Directions:

1.  Prepare shells according to directions on box.

2.  In medium bowl, beat eggs lightly; stir in Ricotta, Mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan, parsley, basil, and salt.

3.  Grease bottom of 9x13 baking dish.  Add water and a little sauce to bottom of dish. Spread.  (This prevents shells from drying out on bottom.)  Stuff about 1 tbsp of cheese mixture into each shell.  Place stuffed shells in baking dish.  Spread remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese over top of shells.  Cover and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.

**In addition to the 9x13 baking dish, I also filled up an 8x8 baking dish.  I had a 48oz container of spaghetti sauce and glad I had the bigger size since this made so much extra!**

Servings:  8

I served these with garlic bread.  The family LOVED these and we had enough for left overs!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I already have lasagna roll ups for this Friday night. We'll have to give these a try next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to save this recipe. I have the hardest time trying to think of things to fix on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made these! They look great...I'll take your word that they are easy and give them a try. I think our family would love:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm... looks great. but first i must convert the measures, and that takes some time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails