Friday, March 30, 2012

Pina Colada Pound Cake

I made this recipe last weekend and it was so moist, fresh, and delicious!  Since it made two loaves, I froze one for Easter next weekend.


Ingredients:

1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
2 teaspoons rum extract
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained.

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 325 degrees F (for all pans).  Spray bottoms only of 2 (8x4 - inch) loaf pans with baking spray.

2.  In large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, coconut milk and rum extract with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.  Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.  Stir in coconut and pineapple.  Pour into pans.

3.  Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes.  Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling racks.  Cool 50 minutes.

I made a glaze with some of the pineapple juice and powdered sugar and spread over the loaves.  Yum!

~  Patty  ~

12 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds great! Perfect dessert for Easter Sunday, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pineapple upside down cake. haven't had it in a very long time. and now you've got me thinking about it. How wonderful to add some coconut to the theme. Your recipe sounds delicious especially with the pineapple sugary glaze. I also saw this week while looking around at Lamb Cakes for Easter that many are pound cakes. have a blessed holy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I make my lamb cake with a pound cake batter:)

      Delete
    2. I also love pineapple upside down cake!

      Delete
  3. Putting this on the Easter menu! My kids want an icebox eclair which has dairy that I can't eat right now. I think this will be for me! : ) Do you think it would work in a bundt pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it is SO moist, I always thought of it more as a regular cake. I think it would work in a bundt pan. You could always experiment :)

      Delete
  4. That's a title for a blog post that demands a visit! O my...it sounds so delectable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! That's exactly what I thought when I came across it in a magazine!

      Delete
  5. Yes, please!! You take the best food pictures! I don't know if you saw that my daughter made your scotch-a-roo recipe for my birthday. They were seriously yummy.
    http://tribeof11.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Patty! That looks so delicious! I will have to try it myself even though the word "coconut" worries me. I'm not a fan of that taste. Can you taste it? Or is it flavorless and just makes it more moist?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left a comment but not sure it went through so I'm leaving a 2nd one:) You always have the best recipes and thank you for always being so generous in your sharing! Have a very blessed Holy Week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails