Sunday, March 4, 2012

Me at 43


I never pictured this.  Having another baby.... at 43.

But I love it!  


Landscaping? Hardwood flooring?  Putting in granite counter tops?   Retirement plans?   Forgetaboutit!

All of that neat stuff is far, far away....kind of like a "Once upon a time, ....."  far, far away.

I do find the whole baby thing is quite a bit harder at 43.  But the hard times?  They will pass.

At 43, I do not fear age but the speed of life.

I try to embrace the more challenging moments...not always with grace...but I do my best.

I have a good life.  We are alive and healthy.

So give me the poopy diapers, the baby who only wants to be held, the scheduling life on "baby time".  I'll take the sleepless nights and the hectic home school days.  All at the age of 43.  Life is passing too quickly and the "hard" moments will pass soon enough.



***************************************************




And this little bundle who has Sapphire colored eyes and dark hair?  We affectionately have named her our Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirl.

She is always looking for something to eat :)

And her gas?  Oh my!  She could put any grown man to shame....honestly!   (The Littles always ask if it was me shootin' em off :)

***************************************************


Since I have THE best birthday gift already, I told the family I just wanted to use the coupons that were sent to me in the mail.  LOL

*   Bed, Bath and Beyond....and their 20% off coupon...found me picking this up ::


Love!  Love!  Love!  this scent.  

(Bonus ::  It is 25% off for the month of March. ) 


*    Kohl's...what wonderful people they are for remembering my birthday (*wink*).  They sent me a $10 gift card.

I picked up these  ::



Free!

These pretty, fake pearls were on sale.  Sale price + coupon =   Cha -Ching!


There is something about pearl earrings!  I just love 'em.  I had a pair of fake pearls that were left at the hospital during my second stay.

(I do have a pair of real ones with diamonds, but I try to save those for special occasions.)



*   Vera Bradley was thoughtful enough to send me a $20 gift card as well.  (My husband cringed at that one.)

I didn't "need" anything except a wallet that would also fit my phone (phone with protective case on it.) ::



I can toss this Strap Wallet (that holds my phone) into my diaper bag.  The pattern is Island Blooms, and you can find this bit of convenience here.  

With my $20 off, I thought it was a deal.  (When it comes to convenience, I don't mind paying a bit more.)

**********************************************

They showered me with flowers and chocolates ::


The day brought abundant sunshine...and margaritas ::



My hubs grilled steak and made his coleslaw recipe for me ::


And because I LOVE the ocean and chocolate ::


(Whole Foods) 

*******************************************

Wrapping up dinner with a picture of my favorite hershey kisses and myself :)



42 was quite a year.  I'm still in awe of what HIS plan was.  Blessed abundantly to say the least!



Wondering what God has planned for age 43?

*****************************************

Closing with a family story from my birth day...

My mom reminded me about how I was one week late.  She had prayed for a delayed birth since she had four other children... 5 and under ...with chicken pox!  Once they were on the mend, she gave birth to me (all 10 lbs of me - her smallest 10 pounder!)

Twice she brought home a baby to a house full of chicken pox.

Thanks for teaching me how to live a good life, Mom.  Challenges and all.   Love you!

~  Patty ~

28 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day! You have a beatiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I was 43 when I had my Quentin! I cherished every moment of his babyhood, too, because I feared it was my last one. It seems that he was, too. Love seeing you and your beautiful family. Happy Birthday, my bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did indeed have a great day! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a special day! :). My mother in law had my sil at 42. My sil is now a freshman in high school and my mil said the greatest part about it is that people can't believe it when she says she's in her fifties. :). The good news is you'll always be young! Hope you enjoyed that yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday! You are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- how have I not seen your blog before? I love it! :) I came from Charlotte's. I LOVE your Vera Bradley wallet and am going to have to find one for my own diaper bag, I think. I really don't like the one I have now. My sweet babe is almost exactly one month younger than your own. Sending hugs from one sleep-deprived Mama to another. :)

    And hey- you look absolutely fabulous. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the birth of your baby!! Thanks for thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be stopping over at your blog soon to take a peek at your little bundle of joy!

      Delete
  7. Oh! Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!! She's a doll!!

    And Happy Birthday, I will be 43 this Sept!
    God bless you!!

    (another sleep deprived mama--I get up, feed the baby, then have to pump!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!! You give me hope that I will be a mama at 43 (but I'd like to start at 37!)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JB! You are always in my prayers!

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful day!
    Mom had 8 with chicken pox at one time, but she didn't bring a baby home to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed! And you have a big one coming up! :)

      Delete
  10. Our kids will keep us young! Glad to have friends to homeschool with right up to retirement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do! Ditto with the retirement comment :)

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday! I am glad to see your crew of 5 so beautiful with their birthday mamma! What a beautiful day. I truly love the earrings. Pearls -- and for me my Sapphire are ones I like to wear as well. God bless you on your birthday! =) {internet hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! PS Sapphires are beautiful!

      Delete
  12. Glory days, I tell ya! Happy, blessed birthday to you:). Love that precious photo of you and the Hershey kisses...Amen to all of your gratitude. You have embraced your challenges to inspire us all. That cake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! Loved the card :)

      Delete
  13. Happy beautiful birthday. you are beautiful inside and out! and you are surrounded by love in the form of five little blessings and a beloved husband. god bless your year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those birthday blessings, Gardenia!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful! What an awesome start to your new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was an awesome start! :)

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday Patty! It looks like you had a wonderful day and great start to another year. The margarita and chocolate all looked so yummy!! Blessings in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I had a great day :)

      Delete
  16. Lucky...blessed lady and that's not just because of the margarita!

    Wow, you look so thin! You're an amazing woman. How do you do it all.God bless you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Allison!

      Delete
  17. Congratulations Patty!! You look great! What a blessing to have a baby!!! I came to thank you for your visit and for letting me know about the Len link up. I will share about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails