Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Follow-up Exam

Hello out there!

Just a quick note to let you know I had my six week follow-up last week.   (I never get use to those!)  At any rate...

I'm happy to say that my blood pressure dropped to normal levels...to a point that I started to ween myself off of the medicine.

This blood pressure / pre eclampsia  issue did create a new kind of headache for me....migraines.

 Yowzer!

Migraines run in my family and until now, I have never experienced one.  They are just awful!  I knew they were bad since I've witnessed these attacks in siblings.  Their experience would include vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and noise.  Closing themselves off in a darkened and sound proof room would be their only help.

Anyone else out there experience them?  Any suggestions for coping methods?

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Yowzer, is right, Patty! I will be praying that this cup will pass for you. And if not, may God give you the grace to handle those terrible headaches. I get some bad ones each month but not so bad that I have to darken the room:( I hope you get some helpful tips here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has damage to her peripheal vision from her extreme migraines over the years. I'm no where near that and pray they won't get worse!

      Delete
  2. Oh, so sorry to hear, Patty. I knew a woman who suffered from migraines, and I know there is medication for it, but ugh... hope it doesn't come to that for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there may be some over the counter meds I can try first. My sister has had to take some huge prescription meds a neurologist prescribed, but Im not as severe as her. Keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that your high blood pressure went away! Sorry to hear about the migraines! I have no suggestions, but will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! No advice, thankfully I don't get migraines, but know that they are no fun at all. Does the MD think they will eventually go away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Jen. best case scenario, they won't get worse. They hit when the air pressure changes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails