Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beans and Rice

Beans and rice are very popular down south.  I wanted to try something different for a Friday dinner during Lent.



I decided to use it for beans & rice tacos.


This was so yummy!!

I found a  recipe on the back of a can of Bush's black beans, but at the time I needed something quicker...something I could whip up on short notice.  So I used the following instead.

Ingredients:

1 (10 oz) can of Rotel (check here if you are not sure what Rotel is.)
1 (15 oz) can of Bush's black beans
1 cup Basmati rice cooked  (You can substitute any rice)
Tortilla shells
Taco toppings if desired

Directions:

1.  Prepare rice and set aside.

2.  Rinse beans and add to Rotel in a saucepan.  Warm.

3.  Serve over rice on tortilla shell.

This was so easy that any child could prepare these!  The beans and rice recipe on the back of the Bush's black bean can sounded delicious and hope to try it soon!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is easy and it looks great! Maybe if I had Jacob make it, he might actually eat it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails