Thursday, February 23, 2012

World Famous Cole Slaw

David created this version of cole slaw and we served it for Clementine's baptismal luncheon.  (There were no left overs!)



Ingredients:
1 lb bag shredded cabbage and carrots
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sunflower kernels
1/4 cup craisins
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
Bacon bits (if desired)

Directions:
1.  Combine cabbage/carrot mix, almonds, sunflower kernels, and craisins in large mixing bowl.
2.  In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt.  Mix well.
3.  Add dressing to cabbage mix.  Stir well.
4.  Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.  The salt will draw the water out of the cabbage to make it creamy and smooth.

PS - David loves to watch the Food Network while working in the garage. :)

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. we love cole slaw. and that looks out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds amazing... Think my family would love it! Its now on my menu for Hank's graduation party this summer. Perfect, thanks Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I have yet to find a homemade slaw recipe that I love. This sounds like it might be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Sarah just asked for cole slaw for her birthday dinner next week, and avacado and peas too :) I love the Food Network. We don't have cable, but if I get to the workout place by myself I always put it on Food Network. We even watched a bit while we were on vacation!!

    Tell David I "pinned" his recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL By "working out" I mean on his glide out drawers for the business!! LOL There is an old workbench and dumb bells somewhere around the house collecting dust though ;)

      Delete
  5. Yum-O! This looks wonderful and it looks so yummy it was "pinned" on my "Easy and Yummy Recipe" Board. I have just discovered, after several months of trying to figure it all out, just how addictive and fun Pinterest is! :) God bless Patty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails