Monday, January 9, 2012

Pocahantas and Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha

Some time back I posted about being brainless.

Nope.  Nothing has changed.

Take this morning for example.

David and Mabel were discussing her hair...now that it is very long it really should be taken care of.  (i.e.  braids, pigtails.)

She's been wearing it long and wild and yup, sometimes it looks messy.  She has been battling me to "do her own" hair but an intervention time with Dad was needed.

Anyway....

So he talks about how Pocahontas must have worn beautiful Indian braids.  As they talked about Pocahontas,  I excitedly jumped in and stated...

"Did you know that she is being advanced toward canonization?"

They both looked at me with this "duh" look and David said, "Pocahontas?!"

Mabel said, "Isn't she just a Disney Princess?"  (No, she hasn't studied early American history yet and thinks "Back then" is an actual time period.)

At which point I told them I was talking about Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.  Boy was the laugh on me :)

Ugh....

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. You know...it's been a good 12 years since I had my "old" brain. Every now and then, I'll have a shining moment where I say something profound. But, usually, it's me stopping in mid-sentence with a blank stare only to ask the question, "What was I just talking about?" or "Where was I going with this?" There must be some reason for it...heaven only knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but I really needed to laugh on this dark, blah day! So many thanks for offering me some cheer today :)

    Praying for a continuing healthy pregnancy these next 2 weeks for you and your precious Baby Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i uderstand you completely. don't worry, you are not alone in this! there is bunch of us around the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally sounds like something I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny. this sounds like me, actually. Like what happymommyonline just said, I've not had my normal brain since, well, a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Pocahontas, Blessed Kateri, ......whatever! It's really okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the brainless 40's! I don't think it's because your pregnant...This sounds like me too and I'm not with child:) Mine seems to have hit really hard right around 44-45. I feel like the Scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz! "If I only had a brain!" Think it comes back someday? Something to look forward to in heaven, I guess;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blame it on the baby sucking your brain cells!
    The bad news: I tagged you in today's post. If you don't do these/don't want to, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can just picture your face filled with excitement when you were sharing your profound news with them. And then..... too funny. We ALL have moments (years..really) like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll never think of Pocahontas the same way again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails