Friday, January 20, 2012

My NFP Doctor

Wow!  I had my last appointment yesterday.  Can you believe it?!

I took all of the Littles  (I asked permission first of course.)  You could have lit up the house with their excitement.  I think the staff and Doctor were just as excited!

I am so blessed.  For many reasons.

But I write about one in particular for today's post.

This blessing has to do with my doctor...who is an NFP doctor (Natural Family Planning - not to be confused with the old Rhythm Method.)    A rare gem to find indeed.

Actually, DFW has two NFP doctors for sure (for some reason I thought a third one started a practice recently).

But if you consider the size of the DFW metro ....  which is larger in area than Rhode Island and Connecticut combined ....   we need more!


Every city needs one for that matter!

********************************************

Doctor decided to take the leap of faith some years back and go the NFP route.  He will not prescribe any form of contraception nor does he perform tubal ligation.  He is practicing his faith as well as his medicine.

He told us once how worried he was when he took the leap of faith.  What would happen?  Would he be able to provide for his own family?

God has blessed him greatly!  Last week the priest who says the Latin Mass visited Doctor's new office and blessed it.

When you walk into Doctor's office you find only peace and quiet there...are welcomed with beautiful paintings of Our Mother....framed posters of the Popes...etc.

You will also find his wife working there and infant daughter happily blowing spit bubbles from her walker...the official greeter to patients. :)

An awesome, Pro-Life office is an understatement.

**************************************************

Doctor continues to share those blessings with all of his patients.

Since we were unable to get insurance for this c-section, (self-employed, private insurance, history of c-section), we were classified as self-pay.

Our total bill - what we will pay - will top off at $15,000 - hopefully.


Doctor helped us incredibly.  I have had at least 25 sonos with my complications and have been going in weekly since what? 26 weeks?

He didn't turn us away.  He welcomed us.  He showed compassion and mercy.  He gave us a hefty "self-pay" discount.

**********************************************

We brought Doctor and staff a gift yesterday.  A small token of our appreciation.  A statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe.


Not only the Patroness of The Americas, but Patron of Unborn Children.  She will have a prominent spot in that NFP, Pro-Life office.  Doctor and Mrs. were thrilled.

Blessings always come full circle!

*************************************************

So the big day is fast approaching.  Six days.  Thursday, January 26.

Mother nature is also telling us it could happen sooner.  Lots of excitement in our house right now!!

So here is where I humbly ask for more prayers.  These prayers are needed for my anxiety.  I have NEVER met a woman who "wanted" a c-section nor looks forward to a c-section.  From my own personal experience, the more you have the worse it gets.

Where I want to throttle the woman who suggests or thinks otherwise, and yet, has never experienced one...I will refrain from doing so.  (Sigh....)

And please don't refer to them as unnatural.  What could be more natural than bringing a child into the world regardless of procedure?  I thank God for modern medicine and being alive!

Here is where I  will GRIN,  regain my composure,  keep my dignity, and simply ask for prayers for my anxiety and a safe and healthy delivery.

****************************************

Since we aren't sure of Baby Joy's gender, we have our baby pinks and  blues ready to go....




We have always purchased a special "bring me home" outfit for All the Littles.  I've kept each one packed away in each of their baby bins...maybe someday they'll use them for their own littles.

We have our childcare lined up and look forward to some relatives flying in to help and visit.

And we wait. I made it to 37 weeks.  What a journey!

*********************************************


I cannot thank you all enough for the spiritual bouquets that have been given to us.  Where I have felt my weakest and unable to walk this path, your prayers carried me through.  My entire family has felt them all along the way and it has been very humbling to receive such an outpouring of love.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, please hear our prayers especially on the anniversary of Woe VS Wade.  Safely keep those who will be traveling within their homestate or to our capitol for prayer, peace, and hope.

God bless!

~  Patty  ~

18 comments:

  1. I found an NFP doc for my pregnancy and am SO HAPPY! Your doctor sounds awesome!

    I will definitely be praying for you with your anxiety. My doctor said he just performed a woman's 8th c-section. That would be tough!

    I am so excited and happy for you to meet this little person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift to give to your doctor! Lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying! I am going to specially enlist my MaryKate who never forgets a prayer intention!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give MaryKate a big hug and kiss from me!

      Delete
  4. Your doctor sounds awesome, Patty! I will be thinking about you and praying in the coming days, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to life and God's perfect timing for this month! Thank you for your witness and faithful example. As a Mama who has had 4 C-sections, I understand your anxiety and will pray with a very empathetic heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you as your big day approaches. I will be offering up all my tiredness for you and the babe. Can not wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you, Patty! Can't wait to see pics of our little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post brought tears to my eyes. Look how far we've come! I can still recall those first emails asking for prayers and your guarded hearts. The blessing of Baby Joy has spilled over to so many of us here and we are grateful for your sharing your ups and downs, joys and sorrows. We now eagerly await celebrating with you next week (or sooner!) and will keep up the prayers. I cannot wait to hear/see the news and send your sweet baby blessing a little package from MN :) Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post gave me chills (in a good way :) ) WOW! A NFP doctor? That is a huge blessing for sure! We pray that we will get one in our city or area someday! In fact I would travel many miles just to go to one, but unfortunately there is no NFP doctor anywhere nearby us :( What a beautiful gift to give your doctor and so appropriate! I love those baby outfits! So cute! We will be praying for you, baby, and family! God bless you Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy~
      I travel 25 miles to see mine! At first, I didn't want to. Then David reminded me that we NEED to (if possible) give him our business since he is doing what we need him to do. Respect life. Little did we know that we, too, would be rewarded in return.

      Delete
  10. NFP doctors are few and far between. There is a great clinic about an hour from here (one of the reasons we wanted to move)but my labor/deliveries go to quick to even consider that as an option. I continue to pray for those doc's who feel the tug to follow the teachings of the church to do so.

    Praying that all goes well with you and your recovery is as smooth as it can be. Can't wait for the news of your d-day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing your doctor is to you and you are to him! how wonderful your relationship must be. oh those little baby outfits are going to make me cry they are so cute. (I'm praising God for you because you told me to use Google Chrome and I finally figured it out and transferred my favorites to chrome and I am rockin because I'm able to comment again!!! that must have been the problem.) we are keeping you and baby Joy in our prayers, and can't wait to hear the miraculous news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying...
    And sharing...
    Magnus's birth was A BEND LIKE A REED experience; I had two choices - c-section or inducement - long story short...GOD IS SOOO GOOD!!!
    If I hadn't had that intervention that caused me such GREAT STRESS, I wouldn't have needed to ask for - DEMAND - a priest to come to my room...I received Confession and Holy Communion while in labor...no words...just thanksgiving, PRAISE AND AWE.
    I'm hoping HIS PRESENCE will carry you, too.
    Peace & Calm be yours...
    clapping hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have one (last time I checked) NFP Dr. within driving distance, but it is hours. Many women I know have gone to her for consults because they know they can trust her information. It is not practical to see her on a regular basis. It would be such a gift to have a NFP Dr. nearby!

    The outfits that you have ready to go are just darling (do people say "darling" anymore?;)). They are anyway!

    God bless you and keep you as you wait for your baby Joy and during delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dr. sounds absolutely wonderful! I wish I had had a dr. like that when I was younger.
    I can't imagine the excitement in your house right now! Praying for you, David, and all the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My, how I needed this post. I have had 4 vaginal births and 2 c-sections, and how have I mourned those surgeries. The fear that the c-sections my prevent me from having more kids, the fear of the surgeries> I think now that I have experienced both births, c-sections are crucifixions in the name of life!!! The surgery, the recovery, the pain, it is all very much like walking the stations of the cross of motherhood!! I will be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dessi,

      Tiffany, at Family At The Foot Of The Cross, suggested that I have my NFP doctor pray with us right before. Isn't that an amazing idea? I think the OR will be full of grace on Thursday morning :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails