Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles

Need a chocolate fix?  This chocolate cookie coated in powder sugar is sure to do the trick!   Sally made and baked two batches of this kind  all on her own about two weeks ago.

Chocolate Crinkles



Ingredients:


1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

1.  In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla.  Stir in eggs, one at a time.  Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.  Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.  *(She refrigerated over night.)

2.  Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.  *(We used parchment paper.)

3.  Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powder sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls.  Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

4.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.  Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

Makes 6 dozen.

My mom made these when I was growing up.  We used the same old Betty Crocker recipe that she used.  These are one of our favorites :)

Advent blessings!

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. THey look mighty fine and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, just when I thought I was finished with my Christmas baking....these just look too good to pass up. May need to whip these up. Yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold again! I just pulled out your minty chocolate layer bars from last year and got the ingredients ready to go...baking weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas plates almost as much as your cookies! I am thinking we are going to bake one type of cookie a day next week (pretty much the ones you have posted). I am going to look up tips for freezing them so that they will stay fresh through our last celebration with my family on January 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you all like the recipes the girls and I dig into.

    The cookie plates are OLD. Maybe Target or Kohls YEARS ago.

    I buy rubber maid containers, large ones, and put wax paper in between each layer. I have frozen them for weeks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these cookies! My mom always made them every year from the Betty Crocker Cooky Book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to make cookies that are "in the family." what a great tradition to carry on !

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmmmmmmmmmm nice posting and i am also chocolate lover see my blog where you find a lot of information about chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails