Saturday, December 3, 2011

30 weeks

If this first week of Advent tells us anything about the season it is that Christmas will be here before we know it!

It's Saturday already!

********************************

I am 30 weeks and the girls took my monthly tummy shot.  Ready?

Front::


















LOL at myself.  They tell me to relax.

Yeah!  I am so not modeling material.


Side::


















Guesses on the sex?  I happened to carry this way each pregnancy.

*Baby Joy weighs almost 4 lbs.

*Saw the eyes blinking and the opening and closing of his mouth.  (That was REALLY cool to see!)

*We've got  hair.  (All the kids were born with a nice head of hair...Stan having the most!)

*Thyroid - holding steady.

*Cervix - holding steady as well.

*Progesterone shot series.  Okay.  These hurt like hell!!!  I'm talking enough to bring a grown man to tears - kind of hurt!!

The medicine is really thick and so it takes a long time to inject it into the rump.  Yesterday, the nurse practitioner gave me my second shot in the series and as she was about to inject me she said, "Sometimes they put on a bigger needle to get the medicine in faster!"

Yowzer!  It happened to be a bigger needle day.

I came out of there saying to myself that I cannot endure any more.  It was hard to stay upbeat.


Sigh.

Don't worry.  I'll go back.  Come next Thursday, I'll be getting my rump stuck again :)

******************************************

The doorbell rang last night.  Mr. UPS driver delivered the carseat.  The kids were sooooo excited!  They all helped to carry it in and then sat on the floor and looked at the picture on the box.

 I sat in the chair and watched with a big, happy heart to see them so in love with life!

******************************************

Have you started any holiday baking?

I was just telling a friend how much I miss the holiday baking section in the grocery store :(

I LOVE to bake, especially during the holidays.

Not wanting to sound like I'm complaining, I have managed to come up with a couple of new recipes the girls can help me with.  Easy ones that will delight them all I'm sure :)

Have a very happy weekend!

~ Patty ~

16 comments:

  1. You look fantastic, Patty! So cute about the kids and the car seat. THanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous! I was guessing girl as soon as I saw your picture. My boys always stick out more than my girls, they tend to sit side to side, and you aren't sticking out very far. How exciting! It's getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhh....you are too cute! And you look so cozy and comfy.Looking good Patty!

    My Tuesday shot was a crappy one. Although I was able to get bumped down in my dosage, it still takes a little while and I get the bigger needle. blah. I was sick all of Wed. and part of Thurs. which I've had with some of my post-shot days in the past. It's just an achy feeling all over and even more run down and icky feeling. Glad to be revived and definitely counting down how many I have left (12, if I have to go until 36 weeks). Any way, I feel your pain and can totally relate!!

    I'm hoping to do some baking this weekend. I've decided that I just cannot do it during the week on my own with the kids. While the big kids are a help, Gianna wants to be held or is getting in to everything so it's probably easier to just have another adult in the house to help out.

    Of course, with cookies in the house I may suddenly take a drastic weight increase in the coming weeks. lol.

    Happy baking and keep on relaxing. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous! I can't imagine the pain of getting those shots.

    I love baking, but baking will be limited since we live with my in-law's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading about your children's excitement about their new sibling and the joy of the car seat's arrival almost brought tears to my eyes. Like you, we welcomed our fifth child quite a few years after our fourth and waiting for her birth was such a joyful time for all of us, as well. The older children delighted in every bit of preparation as your children are and eagerly anticipated meeting their newest sibling.

    Now, more than two years after her birth they are just as in love with her. Your baby is so very blessed to have so much love already ready to be poured out upon him/her. Good luck these last few weeks, and blessings to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the compliments! I love for my mom to see what I look like. Wish we lived closer at this time.

    @Sarah...I don't know how you can keep it up, especially have your two pregnancies so close together. If you can do it, so can I!!! You are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, you look beautiful. My joy is overflowing for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic!!!! You're totally rocking the comfy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! Love your outfit, it looks so cozy. I'm glad everyone got to ooh and ahh over the car seat, just wait til there's a baby in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're looking great! I saw that Pillsbury has peppermint cookie dough in the tubes, if that would make things easier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all these comments for precious you...What sweet blessings:) You really do look adorable! I am so glad you are posting photos to share your miraculous baby JOY. Sounds like excitment is brewing at your house and I will continue our prayers for you. Look forward to your recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excited for you. There is a serene beauty in your expression!

    God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great and you are model material! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies! You sure know how to boost a gal's confidence at this stage in pregnancy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails