Friday, November 18, 2011

(Sigh...) TGIF

We had a good week.  Did you?

~After finishing up on our Advent plans here and here, David cleaned all the upstairs carpets and then decided to wash all the outside windows.

I believe my husband is nesting!


~We celebrated Mabel's baptismal birthday on November 16.  Oh how she loves her faith and what a bright light she is in our household!




~We passed on Little Flowers and Little Womans clubs.  The girls were a little disappointed but they completely understand that mom needs to rest.

~The Littles are really ready for Thanksgiving break.  They piggy-backed enough to take four days off next week without getting behind.  (It is much harder to piggy-back courses when the kids enter Jr High.)

Interesting posts from fellow bloggers...

~I read something disturbing about The Salvation Army.  You can read about it here.  I never knew about this and it really made me sad.  Thank you, Heather, for bringing it to our attention.

~Check out these beautiful, chocolate, Christmas candy bars here!  Where I do not have a Rite-aid near me, I do intend to send my husband out to hunt them down!  Thanks, Kat, for the heads up on them :)

~Many of you now have bare trees standing in your yards or neighborhoods.  Our trees are in full golden bloom right now.  I just LOVE this time of year in north Texas.  Tiffany summed up my thoughts exactly in this beautiful post here.

Have a wonderful weekend and if you are traveling ahead of the holiday? Safe travels my friend!

~  Patty ~



8 comments:

  1. So glad that you had a good week. We're packing 5 days of work into 3 next week so that we can take Thurs & Fri off...we'll see how it goes!

    Thanks for the link to my blog. I hope that all pro-lifers really take a stand on this and let the leadership at Salvation Army know that we need to stand firm on the issue of life.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the heads-ups. Have a lovely holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Tiffany's post a few minutes ago- beautiful!

    That candy- awesome!! Got to find it!

    I wish we had started the tradition of acknowledging baptism birthdays. I guess we still could. I read about it years ago in Maria Von Trapp's book. Such a great idea. Happy baptism birthday to Mabel.

    So glad you took the time to rest. I know it is tough on the kids sometimes.

    Keep you feet up where you can see them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that about the Salvation Army! What a huge disappointment. I'm going to have to print out several of those letters to keep in the car. I feel like such a scrooge every time I walk and don't put something in. I'm going to try and find a Rite-Aid around us, or maybe I will find one on our way to NC. Great little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if CVS or Walgreens has the candy? We don't have a Rite Aid in the Small Town, so I'll have to check out to see if someplace else has them.
    We're staying home for T'giving, even though this is the first year since we've been home when we could actually go somewhere since there's no football for us this weekend. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend emailed after reading this post and found a Rite Aid in our town...never knew we had one! She was going over their for me.

    I had also tried Whitman's website and it said SOLD OUT. Drat.

    Checking other drugstores is what I would do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy baptismal day to Mabel! I didn't know about Salvation Army's position. thanks for the link. I've read Tiffany's post and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty, I just love that tradition to acknowledge and celebrate baptisms. We have never done that so I just need to "do it!" Beautiful photo of your little bright light:) Thanks for the link back too. I am having trouble finding that candy as it looks to be sold out around here...I'm on a mission to keep searching! ha ha Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails