Friday, October 21, 2011

Korean Dish

Maple Syrup Korean Teriyaki Chicken




I originally copied this  very yummy  recipe from Jen.

A little tweaking...
Since we grill year round down here in Texas, Igrill my chicken breasts instead of broiling them.   The original recipe calls for brown rice (non-instant).  To cut back on time, I just use instant brown rice. Finally, I double the ingredients to feed my family. (The recipe below is a serving for 5.)

Marinate time:  2 hours
Prep time:  15 minutes
Cook time:  20 minutes
Ready in: 2 Hours 35 minutes
Servings: 5

Ingredients:

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons of dark sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed  (I just pour some garlic powder in to taste.)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root (I use the ground ginger root)
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons of cornstarch (I use 1 tablespoon so it isn't as thick.)

Directions:

1.  Mix the soy sauce, 1 cup water, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.  Set aside 1/3 cup of the mixture.

2.  Place the chicken in the bag, seal, and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.

3. Grill chicken breasts.  Use the 1/3 cup of reserved mixture to marinate chicken while grilling.   Bagged marinade...do not discard.  You will need it to make the sauce.

4.  While chicken is grilling, prepare the brown rice according to directions on package.

5.  Pour marinade from the bag into a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Mix in the cornstarch and cook and stir until thickened.

I serve the chicken and sauce over the rice with a vegetable on the side.

This is makes a warm and delicious meal.  Thanks, Jen!

Enjoy!

~  Patty ~

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing:) And the carmel corn too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Definitely going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love this recipe! Great idea to grill the chicken - we don't use the grill all year round ;) also we use a regular charcoal grill and I never use it by myself, I'm afraid I'm going to set something on fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be making this!! Thank you for sharing. It will make a nice addition to our studies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been so busy that we have not made this yet- I think on Monday. Going to get the ingredients tomorrow.

    Praying all is well with you. I loved your tummy and shoe post! Keep those feet up where you can see them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails