Friday, October 14, 2011

How Was Your Week?

Greeting Friday with a great big hug.

*******************************************

Oh! The power these yield!



Stan miraculously knows his alphabet and sounds if he is promised one or two of these!

********************************

Bobbin' for apples.



What else is there to do when you still have warm, gorgeous weather but the pool is closed?

*************************************************

Beware!

You are about to see my preggo picture.





About 22-23 weeks here.

Not complaining but I have to admit, this has been a lot harder at the age of 42.

All worth it though :)

I use to take a monthly photo of my tummy for the kids' baby albums.  Just remembered to do it for Baby Joy's album.

David quoted Dr. Ray, "By the fifth child you take two photos:  one at birth and one at their wedding!"







*****************************************

Remembering.

We recognized the fifth anniversary of my father's death this past week.


(This photo was taken three months before his death.  He was in remission for only one month at the time of this photo.)


Tears.

My mother could not have said it any better..."Tears are a healing balm."

**************************************

Little Flowers and Little Women.  I was able to relax since I did not have to teach it this month.

**************************************

Blue Knights.

David is in charge of the month of October.  He has planned a camp out for tonight!

He has done all the prep work for this.  (And I know he is enjoying it!)

Their craft project is The Helmet of Hope...check out Stan wearing the prototype!



Aren't they cute?!


The "knights" can paint them or put stickers on them when they get home.

They'll be leaving shortly here.  (6) dads and (6) six year old boys.   Wish I were a fly on the wall of a tent tonight (Hee hee!)

*********************************************

Baseball.  These games are wearing me out!  Too nerve wracking for us all.

Game #5::  Saturday at Rangers Ballpark 7:05pm CST.


***********************************************

Finally finished a book.

Loved this!



Dr. Meeker could publish a hand book just on Chapter 8, Find Ways to Live Simply.


I do not know one mother who could not use this book, simply for that chapter alone.








I've started this other one on the right...



Hopefully by all the simplifying I've been doing with my life I will have time for solitude and be able to work on my photography some more.

*************************************************

Sally made a warm batch of brownies this afternoon and my kitchen is smelling soooo good right now.  I'm thinking brownies with a dollop of ice cream.

Have a restful and blessed weekend!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. I love your juicy posts -- so chock full of good bits and pieces. love the photos of your family with your paretns. and look at baby stan and all your little ones -- too cute! that helmut is awesome -- is it what i think it is? an upside down plastic water container? too clever! your tummy is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post! So many things to love. Your preggo photo made me smile :) Stan in his helmet made me smile :) Lastly, the thought of fresh brownies made me wish I was there. Yum.

    And, I still need to get that book! Thanks for the reminder.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Brownies and ice cream! I was 42 when I had my youngest. You are so beautiful! You still have warm weather? I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog! I am thrilled you posted to go to Chapter 8. I have Meg Meeker's book, but never quite made it to Chap. 8! And the photography book is one I'm waiting for someone to return at the library. Can't wait to check back with your blog-beautiful and uplifting! Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, you look fantastic! Second, I love Stan's helmet - Jonah will love it. I haven't yet gotten to chapter 8 in the book, I definitely need to read that one. Again, many prayers for your family regarding your Dad, that's a great family photo. I hope this game is over in nine innings, I can't stay awake that late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with everyone else, so much great stuff in this post!

    You look amazing! Eternal rest to your dear father. Can't wait to hear about Mamarazzi. Luv the helmet. You are a clever, busy girl! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your sweet heart in this post...and sweet YOU as an adorable prego Mama:) 42 and all...just beautiful. I've been there and I must say it was one of my most enjoyable pregnancies. Adore that family photo with your Dad...Oh what a cherished moment to look back on. Adore that Stan...Oh what a little man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails