Friday, September 9, 2011

What makes a man old?

At my last sono, David and I were sitting in a small waiting area.

We were joined by another woman who looked to be in her mid-50's as well as a new father with his 2 month old baby son.  The new father didn't look a day older than 30 and he mentioned that his wife was getting her follow up.

I heard the young father say, "When this boy turns 13, I'm going to be an old man."

David and I just looked at each other and chuckled to ourselves.  Grinning broadly, he leaned forward and asked the young man, "And what do you consider an "old man"?"

The young man said, "I'll be 41 when he turns 13!"

I just bust out laughing. (Sorry, David.)

I pointed to David with my thumb and said to the young man, "He'll be 43 when this baby is born!"

Everyone laughed.  Definitely a teachable moment...a good pro life moment!


***************************************************


I'm 18 weeks and feeling less anxious.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  I continue to have my thyroid meds adjusted at least once every three weeks.  I have so many dosages of Synthroid in my freezer now, I think I could start my own black market. LOL!

It's been about 12 days since I last vomited so I'm hoping that part is finally over.  Otherwise, I try and handle the  "hang over" feelings and recognize how quickly the weeks are passing by.

At the same time, my thoughts have been bittersweet lately.  My mind has been thinking about the baby we lost last winter.  He/She was due on September 15.  You never ever forget those angels.

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Your little angel is sitting at the feet of Jesus, gazing up into the brightness of His face. And I'm sure Our Lady is holding your special little angel, as well. It must be still hard for you. Your in my prayers. God bless your new little soul inside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still chuckle when I think back on my naive thoughts ten years ago when we were married. Hubby and I have an 8 yr. age difference and when we were married, I so wanted to be 'done' with having kids by time he turned 40. Well, God's plan is mighty different than ours, isn't it? Hubby will almost be 42 when Baby Gem arrives.
    Hubby also used to say "I'm not going to be 60 years old and attending my child's high school graduation". After all we've gone through after the ease of our first two, he says he's long forgotten that comment and will take what comes. I joke and say "well, we homeschool so there may not ever be a high school graduation that you will have to attend in front of hundreds of people when you are 60+" lol.

    God has an amazing way of changing our perspective and opening our minds and hearts sometimes.

    Hooray for 18 weeks and no throwing up!! Thinking of you and your little angel in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the definition of "old" changes as time goes by. That sweet little one is praying for you in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all in your perspective, isn't it? We were worried about possible problems (family history) and wanted to be "done" with having children by the time I was 30....well, I'm 35 and we're waiting on #7. So much for OUR plan, huh?!

    So happy to hear that you are feeling better. I too have been thinking about our baby who was due to be born in early October. But, it makes me happy that I have a child in heaven to pray for me...God knows I need it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids these days- sheesh! ;) 50 is looking younger to me every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH...Love this post. Thank you for your Godly witness:-) God bless all of those sweet babies, waiting to greet us! Praise God you are feeling better. Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails