Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Francis

Francis was the name we chose for the baby we lost last winter.  It was a God-moment.

As I mentioned the other day, Francis was due this Thursday, September 15.

I wanted to share this God-moment with you since it makes me smile (with a tear or two.)

***************************************

Last winter, when we found out that I hadn't miscarried, I briefly allowed my heart to open to the future and entertained the idea of baby names.  It was brief.

With my history, moments like those make me anxious.

I love to pick names from the family tree.  I stop and study them, just like looking for the big, red, juicy apple...the perfect one to pluck.

My family tree.  Where it is  full on one side (7 generations), it is  somewhat bare on the other.  (One of those things that I keep telling myself I'd really love to work ....  someday.)

My eyes had landed on Francis and Frances.  My oldest sister is named Mary Frances.  My maternal grandmother is named Frances.  I have an Aunt Frances.  I had a Great-Uncle Francis.

I quickly tucked the name near my heart never sharing it with David or the littles.

Then I did end up miscarrying.

That night, we sat around talking about what to name the baby.  (We have a name for each of the children we lost and hold them dear to our hearts and in our prayers.)

We wanted a saintly name.

David, out of the blue, suggested Francis.  I was stunned.  I had never, ever mentioned that name.  I told the family that THAT would be the name and told them the story behind it; about how I had already picked it out and kept it tucked inside my heart.

A God-moment.

I love God-moments.  Especially the ones where you know that He is speaking loud and clear and you hear Him.

**************************************

Usually, these due dates are hard on me.  A cross I silently carry.  A day where you just feel blue.

This "due date" will be different though since we will be celebrating the life of our dear Mable. I will be focusing mainly our our little dynamo.

And you know what?   I think that is another God-moment.  He is helping me carry my cross this time.


************************************

And I ask that you keep a friend of mine in your prayers.

Today she learned that her baby girl's heart stopped beating in utero at 16 1/2 weeks.  Baby girl had been diagnosed with something severe at 12 weeks gestation and my friend, knowing that losing this baby in her second trimester was a probability, made the choice to carry this life until God brought baby girl's precious soul home to heaven.

Jesus, I trust in you!


~ Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. (((Praying for your friend and her baby girl now in heaven))). what a beautiful God-moment. Francis, what a beautiful beautiful name. a favorite saint of my daughter. and I'm reading a little book on St. Francis that I posted about only moments before reading your post. and he's becoming a favorite saint of mine too, thanks to my daughter's love for him. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story and I love when God works gives us these little love notes! Praying for you and for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a touching post, Patty. Praying for you, your family and Francis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, God moments! This was a lovely testimony, Patty. You are close at heart and prayer all week, knowing you are bearing your Cross... through the smiles. Of course lifting up your dear friend too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your friend! I will keep her in my prayers.

    And you. Those God moments are just what we need sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love God-moments! When they happen, they simply cannot go unnoticed.

    Thinking of you and baby Francis in a special way, especially tomorrow. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "God moment"! Isn't He amazing?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miscarriage is so hard! I'll be praying for you. (Sorry for that hospital bill, also. )We named the baby son we lost "Francisco". May the lovely St. Francis pray for you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read your story until now. I know you count each of your little blessings with joy especially with all you have endured. Oh my goodness, you are a testimony of faith in the midst of the trial. My daughter has gone through so much and you may want to go and look at her journey of pain, IVF journey. She has started this again and will know in a couple of weeks the outcome. I plan to be with her in next week. Pray for us if you will.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails