Friday, August 5, 2011

Night Light

Did you all happen to see that HUGE night light display over North Dallas last night?  


(Picture from the internet).


A friend said it was so bright from her house, she needed her sunglasses! 

You know what the source was?




My house!  Beaming faces of six people saying  prayers of Thanksgiving.

Prayers of thanksgiving for this precious bundle of joy...




Introducing you to Baby Joy at 13 weeks and looking great!  Little one is due Feb. 9.

(No.  We do not know the sex.  Just thought the name was appropriate :)


***********************************************

After a fourth and  devastating miscarriage last winter, I was left with no desire to be placed in that emotional state ever again.  So when I realized I missed my period, I immediately went into an emotional lock down you could say.  

I phoned my doctor with my plans.  

No doctor visits, pregnancy blood work, sono, or announcements until I was out of the first trimester.  (I have lost at 13 weeks before.)   Oh, I took vitamins and kept a very close eye on my thyroid blood levels, but that was it.

I  know from experience, mother nature will take her own course and no doctor or medication can prevent the pain of loss.

I remained guarded this way all summer.  It has been long and lonely, and somewhat depressing for me.  I often found myself wondering if I had to go through all the sickness for nothing yet again. 

Realizing that Baby Joy needed to feel the joy, I called a few prayer buddies and asked them to lift us in prayer during this period.  I could not have made it without them!  A very humbling experience.  


******************************************

Yesterday found us a basket of nerves.  I felt "sick- to- my- stomach" nervous.  We kept the doctor's visit to ourselves.  We just wanted to focus mentally.  The drive there was just horrible even though we tried to talk about other topics.  

It all happened quickly once we pulled into the parking garage.

I was there.

I was lying on a table.

The technician found an amazing site.  The one you see above.

I sobbed.

David beamed.


****************************************

At Mass this morning, Father gave a beautiful homily about breaking down the one barrier that keeps us from growing closer to God.  For me, at this moment in time, that would be the anxiety that comes with this pregnancy.  Since we've made it past the first major hurdle, getting past the first trimester,  I want to allow myself to soak in the peace, hope and joy that Baby Joy has given us.

Asking for prayers for a healthy and safe pregnancy from you all!  (And of course, for all expectant mothers.)

Speaking of which, one of my prayer buddies announced online yesterday that she too was expecting...and we share the same due date!

~  Patty  ~




18 comments:

  1. Yippee! This was a cute way to announce your news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am *beaming*. I couldn't see that same night sky, but I bet if I searched I probably would've!
    I'm so glad that you could finally share the news and to finally see Baby Joy...perfect and precious. I am over the moon thrilled for you and your family and the very exciting news you received yesterday.
    And excited to share pregnancy together...every single day!
    I love this post and it's going to keep a smile on my face today.
    You are close in thought and prayer! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy is right!! I'm so happy for you Patty and your family. God knows the plans He has for you !!! We will keep you and Baby Joy in our prayers all pregnancy long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations, Patty and family! Praying for peace and good health as you await the birth of your baby. Looking forward to many, many, updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already said this... but I just can't stop singing "Glory, glory, hallelujah!" I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see all of your beaming faces. This was a JOY-ful post indeed! Congratulations, love and blessings:):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous news! I couldn't be happier for you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers and know that God will take perfect care of you.

    Both of your photos are beautiful sights - thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Such a precious photo... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is just nothing like that first glimpse of your unborn baby! It is truly seeing God at work blessing you and your family. Congrats on the happy news, and prayers for both you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news! So happy for you and your family! Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all!!! Still a flurry of excitement in our house. We appreciate all your prayers through these next months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PATTY...chills and tears...CONGRATULATIONS! You have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news, Patty!!! So happy and excited for you. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed this somehow when it came out. Oh, my! Congratulations!! My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. God bless this precious soul, no matter the path. I pray that you will find Feb just around the corner with a precious new one in your arms. So happy to hear about your JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Patty!!! I've been reading your blog for a few months; I'm not a commenter as I usually read blogs from my phone while nursing a baby, but I just wanted to say how happy I am for you and your family!! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails