Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What a dish!


So with back-to-school mode in full swing here, I'm in the dinner planning doldrums big time!

Are any of you?

This lady is looking for some new recipes and I thought it would be fun to see if any of you would like to share a favorite dish of your own.

This time around, I would like to focus on the main meal  (desserts and breakfasts can be another time.)

When you link back up, hopefully others can see what is cooking in your kitchen.

On a side note...this is the first time I'm setting up a link-up.  You may need patience as I work through the technical gobbily gook.

**********************************


I posted the following recipe before and because it is yummy and easy, I thought I'd kick off this recipe swap with it.


Italian Beef





A hot, delicious, (easy) crock pot dinner!

Ingredients:

3 to 4 lb beef (or venison) rump roast
3/4 c water
1/4 c vinegar
1 pkg Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing, dry
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix

Directions:

Place meat into crock of slow cooker.  Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over meat.  Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.  Shred (or slice) and cook on low for 2 hours.  Serve with or without buns.

*This can really leave a strong smell in your house after cooking all day long :)  I put my crock pot on the patio/grill for the day.  You can also put it in your garage during the winter months.

*************************************

Looking forward to the sites and smells that come through my computer from your house!


~  Patty  ~





7 comments:

  1. I will definitely be back to link up! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this a couple weeks back when the in-laws were visiting. It was a hit with almost everyone (a few of the younger ones aren't big meat eaters). Looking forward to getting some new ideas. I'll think for a bit and then post something of my own that I think others may want to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I love link ups, and would love to play along, but truth be told, I'm not a very innovative cook. :) Your recipe sounds delicious. We love chicken at our house, and pretty much do everything there is to do with chicken. casseroles, salads, and just straight on the grill with a little seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, love this idea. It is perfect timing as we are all trying to find a new rhythm in our homes. I am still topsy turvy so I'll have to come back. Thank you for doing this! P.S. We love your Italian Beef and the BBQ pork even more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to link up an oldie but goodie. You know my woes in the grocery department lately, I need some inspiration too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! You are up and running. I will be back for sure. I look forward to being inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry I did not link up this month! If you keep it going I will plan to join in. I enjoy participating in sharing like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails