Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chicken Stroganoff

I was cruising allrecipes.com last weekend looking for a new crock pot recipe when I came across this one.

I tried it last week and the family gobbled it up.  It was amazingly easy and absolutely delicious.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


(Sorry about the blurry picture.  I was just about to dig in when I realized I needed the recipe photo.)


Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast; halved and cubed
1/8 cup butter
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

** I doubled this.  But only used a total of 12 ounces of cream cheese AND ONLY 1 package of seasoning mix when I did.**

Directions:

1.  Put halved and cubed chicken in crock pot.  Melt butter on stove and stir in dressing mix.  Pour over cubed chicken and coat real good.  Cook on low for 5 or 6 hours.

**Don't be afraid of burning the chicken in the slow cooker with just the three ingredients listed in step 1.  The butter coats and protects the chicken until all the beautiful, natural juices from the chicken start appearing.**

2.  Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

I served this with egg noodles.  We had so much left over that we made a second meal out of it, serving it with rice.  It is rare when I can get enough left overs for a second meal and for the entire family!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this before! It is pretty good although hubby does not like it, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family would love this, thank you:) I was just about to post a ground beef stroganoff...I think I will still do it, since it's still a bit different. Now I need to find your recipe linky:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jotting this one down, thanks! I'm trying a chili dog casserole for lunch today. Not the healthiest thing to eat, but our lunches are always so boring!! Hopefully the kids will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW- I am making this recipe this weekend! I'll let you know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds really good! I'm always looking for slow-cooker recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails