Not only will we be having a birthday party at our house on Friday, but my sister and her family are flying down for a weekend visit. (The kids haven't seen each other in over two years!)
As of Thursday noon, we are on a 4 1/2 day break from school.
In the meantime, I have a dessert for you...and quite a yummy one!
5 cups chopped fresh fruit (I used a thawed out bag of frozen fruit from the grocery store)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp of orange juice (I didn't have any on hand and substituted with another fruit juice)
1/2 c light brown sugar
1 c quick oats
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp salt
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. In an 8" square baking dish, gently toss the filling ingredients.
3. Combine all of the topping ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Rub the mixture together with a fork, pastry blender, or your fingers until it forms a clump.
4. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
5. Bake the dish until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is crisp, about 40 minutes. Let the dish cool 15 minutes before serving with ice cream or whipped cream.
**Last summer, I went through a huge stack of Family Fun magazines that I had been saving. I ripped out recipes that I wanted to keep and this was one of them. Sorry, I cannot remember which issue it came from.
This is quite versatile. You can do apples, pears, and peaches as a combo. I chose blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and red raspberries.
Hope your week is going great!
~ Patty ~